How to take a screenshot?

• When I search Help for screenshots, it shows me Notes. But nowhere in Notes can I see how to take a screenshot.

• Just create a new note, then push the big plus button to add an attachment or a screenshot

• Hi,

when you create new note, you can add screenshot by plus icon on the bottom left side of panel. After hover over it there are 2 options: Add new screenshot and Attach new file.

But personally I use extension FireShot. Other extension, that doesn't work yet in Vivaldi is Full Page Screen Capture.

• Little did I realize how useful the SS feature of V is until I bought a cheap BT Kybd which had no SS button. So the other day I chanced on this thread via google which gives me this 2-yr old thread and I ended up with some frustrating time with these incorrect/misleading posts and then I gave up, saving this research for a rainy day. Today I went to Help and searched again and found the video which in a few seconds pointed me to the tiny camera at the bottom right and voila ! So the reason I am posting this here is - I know most forums still have their archives searched, and for good reason, but when most of us users/consumers chance upon a thread that seems like a solution, we follow each post to see if it will work. Now when NONE of them work, we need a way to mark a thread as obsolete or alert mods that this thread needs to be removed/posts need to be deleted so it does not get fed to search bots so more people dont have the same bad experience ?? I will follow up with down-voting the above two posts and hopefully it will be yanked from the SEs.

@rojaviv Both of the posts are correct, so downvoting them is an abuse of the reputation system.

I suggest using it only for minor infringements of good forum etiquette. For anything more serious, flag the post for the attention of a moderator by using the three dots icon at the bottom right of the offensive or spam post.

You seem to be confused about the difference between taking a screen shot of the page, and adding a screen shot of the note.

• The Camera icon on the Status Bar is for saving a page or a selection to an image file.
    • The Camera icon on the Notes Panel is for adding a screen shot of the page to the note. There is no option to select an area for the note screen shot

• @pesala Whups...my bad...yes, I WAS confused. thanks for clarifying. An area for the note ss as in Snipping Tool would have been nifty though.

@rojaviv You have Chat disabled. If you want, I can clean up this thread and let it sink back out of sight.

The Snapshot features must have changed in two years.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.