Feature request: Cross platform capable

• I am still using the old opera on my freebsd machines, would be nice if this would work on there as a replacement.

• Isn't *bsd provided with a Linux compatibility layer?

I don't think that a BSD Vivaldi is coming. At least is not around the corner

• If I wanted linux I would just install linux ;-)

• @daio:

If I wanted linux I would just install linux ;-)

Aside that a compatibility layer is not an operating system. Wine is not windows tells that even in the name itself.

What if you would get a reply with the same tone you used from the developers?

"If we wanted to build a BSD version we did it" ?

The FreeBSD build was a wish by Jón about more than a year ago.
    I pinged the responsible Linux developer for a answer.
    Please wait a while and if i dont post something new, dont hesitate to ask me, please.

//EDIT:
    Oh as i see in https://github.com/gliaskos/freebsd-chromium/tree/master/www/chromium the FreeBSD maintainers have only Chromium 49 got running! Chromium 49 is old and unsafe.
    As Vivaldi Final uses Chrome 50 and Snapshot Chrome 51, we cant rely on such old BSD code.

It is not easy to say if/when a BSD build will come, i think there must be a investigation about the spread of this BSD Unix in the wild.

• @Gwen-Dragon said in Feature request: Cross platform capable:

The FreeBSD build was a wish by Jón about more than a year ago.
    I pinged the responsible Linux developer for a answer.
    Please wait a while and if i dont post something new, dont hesitate to ask me, please.

//EDIT:
    Oh as i see in https://github.com/gliaskos/freebsd-chromium/tree/master/www/chromium the FreeBSD maintainers have only Chromium 49 got running! Chromium 49 is old and unsafe.
    As Vivaldi Final uses Chrome 50 and Snapshot Chrome 51, we cant rely on such old BSD code.

It is not easy to say if/when a BSD build will come, i think there must be a investigation about the spread of this BSD Unix in the wild.

Hello,

I know the topic is a bit old but the subject is still relevant for FreeBSD users.
    The current available Chromium version on FreeBSD is v57.0.2987.133.

For the record, the Chromium maintainer (among others) on FreeBSD is cpm@.

I hope we can have Vivaldi on FreeBSD.

Cheers! :beer:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.