Opening address bar URL in new tab…

• It would be excellent to have an option to open new URLs typed into the address bar to open in a new tab.

@brucebinder:

It would be excellent to have an option to open new URLs typed into the address bar to open in a new tab.

Ctrl+alt+enter does that.

• @Ayespy:

@brucebinder:

It would be excellent to have an option to open new URLs typed into the address bar to open in a new tab.

Ctrl+alt+enter does that.

alt+enter

Oops. Exactly right.

• Using keystrokes is a satisfactory workaround, but it is annoying to remember to do each time. I would like to be able to set "Open tabs from…" address bar, bookmarks, group of bookmarks, search bar, and history. If this is possible to set already, I haven't found it

• @bigjolly1 any news? I also want it

[Using keystrokes is a satisfactory workaround, but it is annoying to remember to do each time. I would like to be able to set "Open tabs from…" address bar, bookmarks, group of bookmarks, search bar, and history. If this is possible to set already, I haven't found it.

@maxtao There is an option to change the shortcut for opening URLs from the address bar, but not to open all in a new tab by default. Try Quick Commands (F2) instead.

• Settings, Quick Commands, Open pages in New Tab
    • Settings, Bookmarks, Open Bookmarks in New Tab

Because Chrome-based browsers start a new process for each new tab, it's best not to open tons of new tabs.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.