Bookmark "Open in new Window" does nothing

• I like i can open bookmark directory in new tab, but the "open in new window" does nothing. Even with single bookmarks. Private window works.

• For me, using the latest 32-bit Snapshot build, Open in new Window (from the bookmarks panel), opens the bookmark in a new tab.

• The same here, worked in previous builds.

• Bug exists in latest internal test versions, too. I hope it will be fixed in this week Vivaldi Snapshot.

• I have just updated to the new snapshot-version and have to confirm that this bug is still existing :(

• Yes, not fixed, not even in internal version.This week there was not much time for all the ugly bugs to hunt because of holidays.
    Maybe fix comes with next week's snapshot.

• And also with the new snapshot, this problem persists.

When opening a link in the bookmark bar with right-click "Open in new window" it is opening in a new tab :-(

This is now getting really annoying…

• @CSchmalzgruber:

And also with the new snapshot, this problem persists.

When opening a link in the bookmark bar with right-click "Open in new window" it is opening in a new tab :-(

Then stop doing it. ;)

• Hi :)
    Please assign central mouse button (CMB) on this function:
    click CMB on the bookmark (in left panel) -> site open in new window
    P.S.: Sorry for my bad English :silly:

• @XXXL:

Hi :)
    Please assign central mouse button (CMB) on this function:
    click CMB on the bookmark (in left panel) -> site open in new window

Users should be allowed to assign whatever shortcuts they wish to any function, but the default for the Middle Mouse Button (MMB) should be "Open in Background Tab," as it is currently for links.

• I said: may be! Not: You will get.
    Don't use functions of Vivaldi which have bugs and wait for a fix, please.

• @Pesala:

@CSchmalzgruber:

And also with the new snapshot, this problem persists.

Then stop doing it. ;)

Sorry Pesala, but this answer is a typical "Who cares what your problem is?"-answer. You do not know why I need this function. This doesn't help in any way and I find it really annoying that a function which has worked properly in the past has a bug and since now three snapshots not being fixed :(

• @CSchmalzgruber:

Sorry Pesala, but this answer is a typical "Who cares what your problem is?"-answer. You do not know why I need this function. This doesn't help in any way and I find it really annoying that a function which has worked properly in the past has a bug and since now three snapshots not being fixed :(

If you cannot cope with bugs and regressions, you should not be using snapshots. Even the final versions are going to have many issues for a while yet, but Vivaldi is slowly getting there.

So, you want to open a bookmark in a new window? Open it in a new tab, right-click on the tab, Move to, New window. You may find it annoying, but that's your problem. It's not life-threatening unless you suffer from high blood-pressure, and if it's that bad, "stop doing it" is the best advice.

The developers are working hard to provide us all with a better user experience. Please be patient. Getting annoyed won't change anything. All it will do is make you unhappy, and spread that negativity to others if they are foolish enough to be influenced by it.

Apply the custard principle. Do not get upset over trifles.

• [email protected]:

@CSchmalzgruber:

If you cannot cope with bugs and regressions, you should not be using snapshots. Even the final versions are going to have many issues for a while yet, but Vivaldi is slowly getting there.

So, you want to open a bookmark in a new window? Open it in a new tab, right-click on the tab, Move to, New window. You may find it annoying, but that's your problem. It's not life-threatening unless you suffer from high blood-pressure, and if it's that bad, "stop doing it" is the best advice.

The developers are working hard to provide us all with a better user experience. Please be patient. Getting annoyed won't change anything. All it will do is make you unhappy, and spread that negativity to others if they are foolish enough to be influenced by it.

Apply the custard principle. Do not get upset over trifles.

Uh, I really know what a snapshot is and that it may contain some bugs. Also I know a little bit about software development (I'm in this sector for more than 30 years - longer as most of the users here are maybe old).

I thought that this is a forum where you can report some annoying things to make the browser better. And I have only reported that this problem is still existing since a few snapshots.

What have I received from the community?

"Don't use it" and
    ".. it's your problem.."

Thank you very much for your precious answers.

It seems to me that this community is getting closer to the i-community where you are crucified when you are saying something not positive about their products (not only showing up in this thread, also in others).

And if I feel, that this behavior of a piece of software is annoying then it is. period.

So sorry for blaming your holy cow that it is not doing a thing as suspected, I'll never do it again as I will only read in future because I really do not need any "great" suggestions I've received in this thread (and no, I'm not high-blood-pressured and for sure not easily angered).

If the Vivaldi-developer-team is reading this: Keep on with your good work, I really like your browser but I do not like the behavior of some saints here in this forum, therefore I'm outta here.

Attention: This post may contain some irony and whoever is forced to be annoyed by it…. You know the answer :silly:

EOT for me in this forum :ohmy:

@CSchmalzgruber:

Thank you very much for your precious answers.

It seems to me that this community is getting closer to the i-community where you are crucified when you are saying something not positive about their products (not only showing up in this thread, also in others).

And if I feel, that this behavior of a piece of software is annoying then it is. period.

So sorry for blaming your holy cow that it is not doing a thing as suspected, I'll never do it again as I will only read in future because I really do not need any "great" suggestions I've received in this thread (and no, I'm not high-blood-pressured and for sure not easily angered).

If the Vivaldi-developer-team is reading this: Keep on with your good work, I really like your browser but I do not like the behavior of some saints here in this forum, therefore I'm outta here.

Attention: This post may contain some irony and whoever is forced to be annoyed by it…. You know the answer :silly:

EOT for me in this forum :ohmy:

Your comments are welcome here. For sure, some commenters seem less welcoming than others, but rest assured they represent only themselves, not the community at large. One may safely ignore "advice" (and other feedback) which doesn't feel helpful. Know that the developers DO read here, even though they've precious little time to respond in writing to user concerns, and know further that the forums are a source of feedback for them, as to what shape the user experience is taking. So please feel free to make any and all comments regarding that experience, positive or negative, and know that the wheel of development may seem to turn slowly at times, but its direction is informed by the users.

• @CSchmalzgruber:

I really know what a snapshot is and that it may contain some bugs. Also I know a little bit about software development (I'm in this sector for more than 30 years - longer as most of the users here are maybe old).

If you're so experienced in software development, and have been involved in it for 30 years like me, then you should not get annoyed by trivial bugs and regressions.

You know that the bugs will get fixed as soon as possible, and whining that they are not after every snapshot is not the behaviour of an experienced beta tester or developer.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.