Bookmarks settings not available

• [quote="Ayespy" post=60539][quote="dasym" post=60532]Yes, that's what I mean. I choose Vivaldi Menu/Tools/Settings then click on Bookmarks in the list down the left that appears. Nothing happens. Some funny things happen with the other settings items as well - sometimes they bring up the correct options, other times they don't.[/quote] It appears your profile may have gotten corrupted. Do you know what to do about that?[/quote] Brilliant! Thanks. I renamed C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default and restored that folder from a backup and that's fixed it. Thanks again.

• @Ayespy:

@dasym:

Yes, that's what I mean. I choose Vivaldi Menu/Tools/Settings then click on Bookmarks in the list down the left that appears. Nothing happens. Some funny things happen with the other settings items as well - sometimes they bring up the correct options, other times they don't.

It appears your profile may have gotten corrupted. Do you know what to do about that?

Brilliant! Thanks. I renamed C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default and restored that folder from a backup and that's fixed it.

Thanks again.

• I think you meant to reply to this topic, and mark that thread as resolved.

• My Bookmarks settings are also unavailable.
    I'm not planning on creating a new profile every time I break my Bookmarks settings.

I think I may have broken it by putting my Bookmarks on the Bookmarks Bar which gives a drop down Bookmarks menu.
    It's working great, but as I said, I can no longer access my Bookmarks settings.

Any other ideas apart from blowing away my profile or losing my Bookmarks? :(

This seems to be traceable to a corrupted or broken bookmarks file.

Export the bookmarks, delete the bookmarks file in your profile (with the browser closed), open the browser, re-import the bookmarks.

• Is there an Export setting within Vivaldi?
    I can't see it. I can only see Import.

• @Dypsis:

Is there an Export setting within Vivaldi?
    I can't see it. I can only see Import.

• Thanks.

I'll try that.

• Unfortunately, deleting the Bookmarks file doesn't fix it. :(

• @Dypsis:

Unfortunately, deleting the Bookmarks file doesn't fix it. :(

????? In the screnshot is the option Export Bookmarks not Delete Bookmarks. Option Archive>Export Bookmarks (Archivo>Exportar Marcadores in spanish). This will save bookmarks in a html file to your HD

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.