Bookmarks problems

• This is such a serious problem I've temporarily gone back to using Firefox... What's happening is that at the end of the Bookmarks bar, clicking on >> shows a drop-down list of the remainder of my bookmarks. This was working fine up until a couple of days ago. Now, none of the bookmarks in the drop-down list work. This is happening on my Windows 7 desktop and Windows 8.1 laptop. Vivaldi on Windows 10 just doesn't work - it frequently freezes amongst other things and is unusable :-(

The bookmarks problem has been heavily complained of, so I would expect it to be addressed soon.

Vivaldi works fine on all of my Windows 10 computers - all nine of them, old, new, towers, laptops. All of them. So your Windows 10 problem is not Windows 10, but something else.

• Hmmm…I have freezing on several Windows 10 machines - laptops and tablets, so it's something common to them all.

Possibly. What version of Vivaldi do you use?

• @55brianb:

… What's happening is that at the end of the Bookmarks bar, clicking on >> shows a drop-down list of the remainder of my bookmarks. This was working fine up until a couple of days ago. ...(

This has been bug-reported for the latest Developmental build (1.2.470.11) as part of VB17185. (The other part of that bug report notes that text-only bookmarks bar members on some systems no longer are text-only but instead all include icons, regardless of the Settings selection and what it shows.)

• Thanks Blackbird and others. I too have experienced this after the latest Snapshot. Will wait to see if fixed in the next update.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.