HOW-TO : Install µBlock addon in Vivaldi Browser 1.0TP

[center][b]Quick How-To describing µBlock addon installation inside Vivaldi 1.0 TP :[/b][/center] 1) Download µBlock from Opera Software addons pages [attachment=361]telechargeextensionublock.jpg[/attachment] 2) Use a Winzip-like to extract .oex ou .nex (rename it in.zip before if needed) packaged addon in a well named folder 3) Install addon via vivaldi:extensions page [attachment=362]installublockvivaldi.jpg[/attachment] 4) Configure addons via "options" link [attachment=363]ublockinstalloptions.jpg[/attachment] Note: Addons aren't officialy supported by Vivaldi 1.0. No guaranty for all of them to work correctly ! Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/475/telechargeextensionublock.jpg[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/475/installublockvivaldi.jpg[/img],[img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/475/ublockinstalloptions.jpg[/img]

• Funsiona perfecto. Gracias. :P

Web Oficial

Download and unzip ublock_{version}.zip (latest release desirable).
    Rename the unzipped directory to ublock
    When you later update manually, replace the content of the ublock folder with the content of the latest zipped version.
    This will ensure that all the extension settings will be preserved
    As long as the extension loads from same folder path from which it was originally installed, all your settings will be preserved.
    Go to vivaldi://chrome/extensions
    Click to check Developer mode.
    Click Load unpacked extension….
    In the file selector dialog:
    Select the directory ublock which was created above.
    Click Open.

• I wonder why they have it disabled by default?

• Vivaldi Team

It should work to install directly now. Working on getting up the browser ui.

• Directly? What do you mean with "directly"? I do still use the Chrome-Extension-Downloader.

I can install µBlock and it seems to work, but I can't open the settings. So I can't change anything. Do you have another solution?
    W7x64, Vivaldi 1.0.105.7.

• abblock plus for me is not blocking any pop ups and ublock is shutting vivaldi down each time it tries to block a pop up. either it will shut down or it will close all tabs and go back to the start page from wherever i am.

• Hi. For some reason I stopped being able to install extensions directly from Chrome's Web Store.
    Is this a bug or do I need to check something in the flags page?
    Many thanks.
    Pedro

Try restarting the browser or signing in to Google.

• Hi.
    I tried that and it didn't work. Everything on Chrome's web store appear with the Available in Chrome button preventing me from installing.
    And this is the same for OS X (tried it at home).
    Also tried to download the extension, unzip it and install it via extensions developer mode, but it gives me an error.
    I do remember this working because on another computer I have ublock installed in Vivaldi. So something changed in recent releases.

• @prod75:

Hi. For some reason I stopped being able to install extensions directly from Chrome's Web Store.
    Is this a bug or do I need to check something in the flags page?
    Many thanks.
    Pedro

Just tried to remove uBlock from both win and macos vivaldi.

Then I reinstalled it w/o any problem and w/o being logged on the google account

• prod75 wrote:

Hi. For some reason I stopped being able to install extensions directly from Chrome's Web Store.

This happens to me too if I go directly to the Chrome's Web Store. If I access Web Store via Vivaldi://apps 'Add to Chrome' appears.

• You're right Rainspa. going to the web store via vivaldi://apps works and the Add to Chrome appears.
    Sounds to me a bug must be reported :-)
    Many thanks.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.