Unable to close last tab in a window

• As of 1.2.470.11 (Developer Build) (64-bit), I can no longer close the last tab in a window. I instead must close the entire window. In previous versions, using CMD+W or clicking the "X" on the last tab in a window would cause the window to close, which is what I would consider the "correct" behavior. Running OSX 10.11.4.

In Settings/Tabs, uncheck "Always keep last tab."

At least on OS X, having "Always keep last tab" unchecked is currently (i.e., v1.2.470.11) somewhat broken. When you press ⌘W with only a single tab left in a window, nothing happens at first, but if you then click on a link in that remaining tab, the window all of a sudden closes.

• I didn't know about that setting, but the setting is unchecked. I can confirm NSSynapse's behavior, and I can narrow it down some.

On OSX, with "Keep Last Tab" unchecked, hitting CMD+W or clicking the "X" to close a tab will close the tab only during the load phase of a new page. For example, if you open a new window, navigate, and close the tab before the load finishes, the tab will close. If you load a page, then close the tab, the tab will remain open until something triggers another load.

This is definitely something that appeared in 1.2.470.11.

• This is fixed in 1.2.479.8 (Developer Build) (64-bit).

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.