I have a few questions for the forum…

• some of the threads in here have come close to my questions, but not actually asked the specific thing i am interested in, so here goes: 1. how do i save settings. i only ask this, because i assumed they were saved automatically, when you exit settings. however, i keep setting my browser up to 135%, and a while later i am squinting to see the text on my screen. this is getting extremely annoying. so i want to permanently set my text to be bigger on my screen. 2. when i first started using vivaldi, everything ran so fast. websites loaded fast, and videos in youtube never stopped to buffer. now the opposite is true, and i am wondering why this browser has suddenly slowed way down? also, how to fix it, and get my speed back? 3, how can i make new tab's open in the background my DEFAULT choice, instead of new tabs opening, and the browser going straight to them? 4. any other tips and tricks to make the browser faster or just better? thanks for any help.

• @stevae:

some of the threads in here have come close to my questions, but not actually asked the specific thing i am interested in, so here goes:
    1. how do i save settings. i only ask this, because i assumed they were saved automatically, when you exit settings. however, i keep setting my browser up to 135%, and a while later i am squinting to see the text on my screen. this is getting extremely annoying. so i want to permanently set my text to be bigger on my screen.

Guessing that you are talking about the zoom setting?
    At the moment, it only applies to current TAB and can't be set as default. It has been requested many times and will come (no timescales).

@stevae:

2. when i first started using vivaldi, everything ran so fast. websites loaded fast, and videos in youtube never stopped to buffer. now the opposite is true, and i am wondering why this browser has suddenly slowed way down? also, how to fix it, and get my speed back?

No idea :(
    Have you tried with a new profile?
    Check Help/About for the profile folder. Close Vivaldi. Rename the profile folder (so you can revert if necessary).
    Restart Vivaldi again and see if it improves - if so, persevere with the new one B)

@stevae:

3, how can i make new tab's open in the background my DEFAULT choice, instead of new tabs opening, and the browser going straight to them?

At the moment, the context menu cannot be changed. It has been requested many times and will come (no timescales).
    In the meantime see:
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/10893-how-do-i-open-links-in-the-background

@stevae:

4. any other tips and tricks to make the browser faster or just better?

thanks for any help.

Check through
    https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/2822-tips-tricks

• OPENING BACKGROUND TABS FROM LINKS ON A PAGE:

Right click on a tab, look at the context menu. I had the same question. Vivaldi does what few other browsers think to do:

Open in New Tab

Open in New Background Tab

First toggle shifts to the new tab. Second one does not. So opening in the background involves a change in habit.

I still forget sometimes and the new tab pops as the focus tab, with the prior current tab background. But it's user error, not Vivaldi.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.