How to reorder the icons of extension?

• After I install some extensions, how to reorder the icons of extension? Icon display order appears to be random?

• You cant reorder as simple as you like to have.
    The Icons shoe up in oder the extensions were activated. You may open Vivaldi extension manager with Ctrl Shift E and deactivate and activate to get the preferred order.

• Thanks for your answering, but the order will not be keep after the browser closed.
    I have to deactivate and reactivate those extensions every time, hope there is a way to keep the order.

• @YellowBoy:

Thanks for your answering, but the order will not be keep after the browser closed.
    I have to deactivate and reactivate those extensions every time, hope there is a way to keep the order.

Reordering will come surely, but for now, if the suggestion above didn't work for you you can try to uninstall your extensions and reinstall them in the wanted order.

• Hi,

I also addes suggestion for this feature here -> [Suggestion] Extension Toolbar: Enable Icons/Buttons Move/Shuffle. Also I should mention, that Chromium has this feature working (51.0.2683.0 (Developer Build) (64-bit)).

• This is a helpful thread. It indicates a problem I am having is a known one, with a development team having to set priorities and issuing new beta builds and new stable releases as they feel best. I do not lack patience. I have one thought, helpful, perhaps.

If a person starts a thread, and in time a release meets the difficulty, the instigating person should monitor the thread and note it's demise, as no longer relevant.

The context for the suggestion, as a Win7 user other browsers have allowed drag/drop of a shortcut link from address line to desktop or to a file; except Opera and initially Vivaldi. Opera 12 and Presto declined implementing the feature.

Opera still denies the value of such a feature while basing its new instantiation upon Chromium, which has the feature.

Vivaldi, on the stable release I am writing from allows such a drag/drop feature. A thread had been started noting such a drag/drop was absent in Vivaldi; but I did not bookmark it to see if the thread instigator had updated it. I tried the drag/drop again, and found it working, and thought pointing this out might help others. It is a minor point, more useful as an example than for itself, but once extension icon order rearrangement IS implemented in Vivaldi, somebody should cap this thread accordingly.

• Hi,

I agree about updating own topics. I try it for my topics. But I guess we're just trying to achieve some specific tasks, that should work in custom tracking system for this. Some moderated system, where anybody can see status of suggestion/bug add another one, etc.. Also moderator can correct it, mark as duplicity, ā€¦.. Because it's for sure, that current forum system is not the best one for such things. It mostly creates duplicates, and users don't know what work is in progress. This even creates more work for moderators. Basically tasks, that should be automated, without need of comment things, that should one check by himself.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.