Allow/Block cookies in Vivaldi

• In earlier versions of Firefox there was a setting that let you accept or block cookies on an individual basis. In the privacy settings there were settings that allowed you to accept all cookies, then further down the page was the question of how long to keep them. One of the options was to "ask me everytime". This caused a dialog box to pop up whenever a site wanted to set a cookie. You could then decide if you wanted to accept or block the cookie. There also was a box you could check that would remember your action. Once you did this your choice was automatically carried out when ever you went to that site and you were not bothered again. Later versions of Firefox have removed this important option. Can Vivaldi do this or is there an extension that can do it? Regards, Jim

• @cleanman2:

In earlier versions of Firefox there was a setting that let you accept or block cookies on an individual basis.

In the privacy settings there were settings that allowed you to accept all cookies, then further down the page was the question of how long to keep them. One of the options was to "ask me everytime". This caused a dialog box to pop up whenever a site wanted to set a cookie. You could then decide if you wanted to accept or block the cookie. There also was a box you could check that would remember your action. Once you did this your choice was automatically carried out when ever you went to that site and you were not bothered again.

Later versions of Firefox have removed this important option. Can Vivaldi do this or is there an extension that can do it?

Regards, Jim

Click on the icon at the far left end of the address bar while visiting the site and select "site settings" from the resulting dialog.

• Not quite as convenient as the old Firefox way, but it gets the job done. Thanks for the tip.

Regards, Jim

After using it for a while, cookie handling in Vivaldi is not as robust as it was in the old Firefox. In particular, when I go to a site I see no way to know whether or not cookies will be allowed or blocked on that site. The old Firefox way was to ask the first time a site wanted to set a cookie. After you made your choice you were not asked again. This meant that when you went to a site and you were not asked about cookies, you knew Firefox was following your instructions about cookies.

Is this possible in Vivaldi and I am just not seeing it?

Regards, Jim

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.