Failing update

• Having not used the browser for a couple of weeks I turned it on and let it update. It updated to version .42 and now every time I load it up tries to update to .47 but I get the error 'Failed to uncompress installed. Try redownloading Vivaldi' , but nothing works to resolve this. I'm not up for doing a clean install and re-customizing my bookmarks (the import bookmarks feature butchered everything, I spent like 20min reorganizing everything) Any ideas?

@Anti:

Having not used the browser for a couple of weeks I turned it on and let it update. It updated to version .42 and now every time I load it up tries to update to .47 but I get the error 'Failed to uncompress installed. Try redownloading Vivaldi' , but nothing works to resolve this.

I'm not up for doing a clean install and re-customizing my bookmarks (the import bookmarks feature butchered everything, I spent like 20min reorganizing everything) Any ideas?

Go to the blog https://vivaldi.net/ and download the latest version manually.

• That was the first thing I tried, I even tried runnning as administrator, but no success

@Anti:

That was the first thing I tried, I even tried runnning as administrator, but no success

I had someting similar happen months ago. I uninstalled the browser, deleted the Application folder, renamed the User Data folder, and tried to reinstall. No go. Reinstalled with elevated privileges, and it worked. Then I moved all the data and settings I wanted (including bookmarks, icons, history, etc., etc.) from the renamed User Data folder to the new one, and I was off and running. Took about ten minutes, and I had my old browser back with all desired data and preferences. Since then, it has always updated just fine.

Sorry, but I can't recommend anything to you that I haven't tried. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.