[Q] Vivaldi Mail - IMAP/SMTP , POP3 protocols .

• Does Vivaldi Mail support IMAP/SMTP or POP 3 Protocols ? If yes , where can I find protocal adresses and such (Like a manual to integrate it with a mail client) ? I would like to integrate it in my desktop client Nylas N1 .

• Hi. Only relatively recently did i decide to get a Vivaldi mail account, despite using the actual browser & being a member of these fora since Feb 2015. Anyway, i was able to successfully get my new V POP3 email account working in Outlook 2010, Thunderbird & FossaMail clients. I used these settings:

Incoming POP3 mail server: mail.vivaldi.net
    Outgoing SMTP mail server: mail.vivaldi.net
    Ports for mail sending are:
    995 SSL for Incoming (POP) mail server.
    465 SSL for Outgoing (SMTP) mail server.
    587, with TLS

I've never used IMAP for Vivaldi email, so can't vouch that these settings are still valid, but this link gives you V's IMAP settings:
    https://vivaldi.net/de/faq#mail_migration

Good luck.

• Thank you mate . Works perfect !

• Excellent news! Enjoy. :)

• Vivaldi Translator

For future reference
    https://vivaldi.net/forum/suggestion-box/190-vivaldi-net-email
    It is highly recommended to use the more secure and flexible IMAP instead of basic POP3 whenever possible.

If you wish to secure your other web-mail accounts you can find details here
    https://vivaldi.net/userblogs/entry/web-mail
    Options for easy free encryption are also listed

• Thanks Dr F, but for me at least:
    [ol]

• I am philosophically opposed to storing my decades of email out there on somebody's server, where i cannot control it [or access it if i am offline or it goes down]. I have close to zero trust in the ability of said server owner / manager to keep bad people out. Hence though i readily acknowledge that all traditional email is insecure, i strongly prefer POP3 over IMAP.
    • I am conceptually attracted to the idea of encrypting my email traffic, but have long-realised that it's a practical impossibility‚Ķ for me... in that it's entirely beyond my control to change all my correspondents' personal behaviour to use [or even know about / give a damn about] playing the encryption game with me. Only a very very tiny subset of the people with whom i email, regularly / occasionally / once, would be amenable to encrypting, or working with my encrypted emails.
      [/ol]

• @Steffie:

Thanks Dr F, but for me at least:
    [ol]

• I am philosophically opposed to storing my decades of email out there on somebody's server, where i cannot control it [or access it if i am offline or it goes down]. I have close to zero trust in the ability of said server owner / manager to keep bad people out. Hence though i readily acknowledge that all traditional email is insecure, i strongly prefer POP3 over IMAP.

Using IMAP doesn't mean loosing control.

I run a mailserver localy, which means I can access all my mails with whichever client I like to install, and obviously I use IMAP to access my local server. To me this is the only sane mail onfiguration ever.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.