Unable to import from Google Chrome

• Hi. I'm using Google Chrome 51 on Ubuntu Linux. I installed Vivaldi 1.1, and I want to import all my stuff from Chrome to here. I go to Bookmarks > Import bookmarks, then I choose Chrome and it detects an install in [i]~/.config/google-chrome[/i]. When I press the [i]import[/i] button the "Completed" dialog immediately pops up, but nothing has been really imported! I know I can export Chrome's bookmarks as HTML and reimport them back, but I'd like to have cookies and passwords imported as well. Is there any way to debug import? thanks

• @maxxer:

Hi.
    I'm using Google Chrome 51 on Ubuntu Linux. I installed Vivaldi 1.1, and I want to import all my stuff from Chrome to here.
    I go to Bookmarks > Import bookmarks, then I choose Chrome and it detects an install in ~/.config/google-chrome. When I press the import button the "Completed" dialog immediately pops up, but nothing has been really imported!

I know I can export Chrome's bookmarks as HTML and reimport them back, but I'd like to have cookies and passwords imported as well.

Is there any way to debug import?
    thanks

Not the official way, but Vivaldi's and chrome's profile are mostly compatible if you copy the whole chrome profile as the vivaldi profile you should start with everything you had on chrome, except the spyware

You can also copy just selected files, like bookmarks, login data and alike…

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.