Bold text in W10 x64

• Towards the latter phase of the beta most of the text in Vivaldi started to look like this for me: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/z26So22.png[/IMG] For comparison, the same page in Chromium: [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nsWKTES.png[/IMG] I've gone through all font rendering settings in Vivaldi and reinstalled the browser, but the problem persists in both 32- and 64-bit versions. Any help?

It is doubtless in your profile, which does not get removed or changed on a re-install.

You probably need to rename that folder, and then move your data a bit at a time from it to the new folder the browser creates, until you are back up to snuff. Along the way, you will want to re-install any extensions, and while doing that you may discover that the problem returns - in which case you have your culprit.

• @Ayespy:

It is doubtless in your profile, which does not get removed or changed on a re-install.

Does Vivaldi save profile information anywhere else besides c:\users\username\appdata\local\vivaldi? I've always deleted that folder between installs.

• @Marcello:

Does Vivaldi save profile information anywhere else besides c:\users\username\appdata\local\vivaldi? I've always deleted that folder between installs.

No the profile is there, unless you have a standalone install

Anyway I can't reproduce your problem

Nope. That's where it lives, unless you have chosen an atypical install location, or done a standalone install.

Removing that entire folder for every install is pretty extreme. At the most, I usually re-name c:\users\username\appdata\local\vivaldi\User Data\Default. That usually serves to clean up anything that has gone corrupt. If you are installing in a brand-new folder every time, and you are seeing fonts that no one else sees, I have to believe that Vivaldi is trying to use a font that your system lacks, or which has been corrupted on your system. I have seen that before. User was getting all italics, and it turned out his/her system didn't have any version of Vivaldi's preferred font. User installed the missing font, and all was well.

Oh, yeah - and Windows Insider previews are also playing hob with fonts in some programs.

Last comment: Your browser is showing text in not just bold, but bold italics.

And it's only corrupting body text, which is a different font family from the header text. The header on that page is from the Dauphin family, while the body text is Open Sans;Arial

• Thanks for the help guys, I do suspect that this has something to do with my Windows settings, but I can't figure out what it is. I'm running a clean installation of W10 without Insider participation and the only language/font related settings that I've changed is the addition of a Nordic keyboard. If I recall correctly, the problem initially appeared when I updated from one Vivaldi snapshot to the next. I've also tested Chromium, Chrome and Firefox and they all work fine, so I doubt reinstalling fonts would do the trick.

Not all sites are affected, lipsum.com doesn't work properly, but for an example this site is fine.

I forgot to mention in my initial post that some of the extensions look a bit weird too, while Vivaldi's own UI seems ok::

The other user who had a similar problem also ONLY had it in Vivaldi. But it was a missing font on his system.

• @Ayespy:

The other user who had a similar problem also ONLY had it in Vivaldi. But it was a missing font on his system.

Thanks, looks like none of Vivaldi's default fonts are missing on my system, but I'll try reinstalling them in case of corruption.

• Problem solved! I reinstalled all Windows 10 fonts by following this guide: http://www.coderewind.com/2015/01/how-to-fix-corrupt-missing-unreadable-font-on-windows-8/

Thanks a lot for your help Ayespy!

Hey - absolutely no problem. I love it when another user is helped!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.