Cannot open Vivaldi at all

• Used Vivaldi yesterday, no problem. Tried to open it today to no avail. Reinstalled it but it doesnt help. Anyone can help me? WTF happened to this browser?

No one seems to know. It's a rare problem that affects a very few users, and so far has been traced to nothing.

I suspect some extension(s) or security software, or both.

Did you try renaming your profile folder before installing or using a standalone install on the re-installation?

• @NeutroNShivA:

Used Vivaldi yesterday, no problem. Tried to open it today to no avail. Reinstalled it but it doesnt help. Anyone can help me? WTF happened to this browser?

Likely you have your session files corrupted for some reason.

Just delete them from your user profile (4 files: last tabs, last session, current tab and current session).

• I had the same problem twice and also, could not download anything. My solution was to uninstall Vivaldi until they perfect it.
    Apparently something on the computer corrupts the Vivaldi file so that it won't open but Windows thinks it is open and won't uninstall it unless I close the browser, which can't be done because I and you can't see it.

• using win10 64bit, I've had this problem for a little while now, have installed, uninstalled 32 and 64 bit versions. interestingly this morning, it prompted me to upgrade, which it looked like it did, but still wouldn't open :(

I've tried deleteing those 4 files in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\User Data\Default

edit: forgot to say, when I try to open it, i get 5 tasks in background processes in task manager

• I've got this problem as well. I uninstalled and installed 1.1 and it worked until I noticed there were no bookmarks or speed dials, and I tried to import bookmarks from my Opera install. That caused it to crash shortly afterwards and I can't get it start again.

It's frustrating because it was working just fine until now.

• I've had the same problem at home and at work. Deleting the previously mentioned 4 files ("current", "last…") didn't help in of itself. But if I also deleted the "bookmarks" file and extensions folder then I could open it again.

Miscommunication with extension or a certain bookmark perhaps?

• It's a bookmarks thing for me. As long as I don't touch them Vivaldi works. If I do it's a complete uninstall/re-install.

@Raffen:

I've had the same problem at home and at work. Deleting the previously mentioned 4 files ("current", "last…") didn't help in of itself. But if I also deleted the "bookmarks" file and extensions folder then I could open it again.

Miscommunication with extension or a certain bookmark perhaps?

Script-blocking extensions like script-safe tend to block Vivaldi from starting. Vivaldi UI is largely javascript.

• kill tasks, uninstall including profiel directy, clean install "fixes" it, seems a bit drastic, overkill, we'll see how many more times I have to do this, this was the first.

I don't think I had many, if any bookmarks, adblockplus was probably only extension I had, that always gets first as soon as I install any browser :)

• Ugh, ok, looks like I was wrong. Despite not having any bookmarks it has happened again. This is frustrating!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.