A bunch of questions/feedback of problems from a quick try of the browser
So, based on 10 mins of trying out the browser, I have some questions which would be nice to know how to do if possible, or to see in the future if not Tab stacking: Open in current stack - Opening a link shouldn't automatically open a new tab if it's already in a stack of tabs. If you were looking at ebay for example and clicked on 20 products, I'd want them all in the same stack. Consistent shortcuts - I just middle mouse clicked a tab preview to close, and it switched to it instead Tweak bounds - You should be able to hover one tab over another without them switching so early, and disable tab grouping if they've switched. I found myself fiddling about trying to stack 2 tabs then pretty much accidentally stacked the whole tab bar. Move tabs in stack - I literally can't figure out how to get a tab out of a stack, dragging doesn't do anything. Option to remove previews of a stack. I think a second tab bar linked to a tab would be perfect, I'm not bothered about previews of pages Using ctrl+shift+t to reopen a closed tab doesn't restore it in the same position. Page tiling is nice, but obviously not set up for big tab stacks Search Bar: Any way of getting the google search suggestions? It only works with history and bookmarks. The "w search wikipedia" stuff is nice, I had that on firefox before I stopped using it Other: Dragging a html file to the tab bar should open it Quite funnily, I blocked all images on twitter, and scrolling down I was greeted with a lot of auto-playing videos instead Mouse gestures are great, but why no editing? There may be more stuff to come, but these are my initial impressions. I love the idea of tab stacking but I'm not a fan of how it's done here
- Open in current stack: Settings, Tabs, Tab Features, Open in current stack
- Consistent Shortcuts: Middle-mouse click closes a Tab with preview for me.
- Tweak Bounds: Good enough for me. I think you will get used to it if you use the browser for a while, but people do have different needs, so an option for sensitivity may be needed.
- Remove Tab from Stack: Right-click menu on the tab
- Tab Previews: Settings, Tabs, Tab Display, Show Popup Previews
- Restore Tab: Doesn't reopen inside a tab stack, but otherwise it does reopen in the same position
- Page Tiling: It's never going to work for lots of tabs, but several have requested resizing of tiles, which would help.
- Dragging HTML Page: Drop it on the tab to open it
- Mouse Gesture Editing: A high priority for me. I hope it comes soon, but it is early days yet.
- Tab Stacking: Also room for improvements here.
Thanks a bunch for the reply, though you seem to be having a different experience to me in some cases ;P
1. That option doesn't appear for me, under Tab Features, there is Tab Cycling with 5 options, Tab Stacking with 1 option, and Pinned Tabs with 2 options.
2. Tried again and definitely doesn't close it for me
3. Yeah I more meant as a per user basis, with how I'd personally like it to be I'd definitely get used to it eventually, but it's not good when you mess it all up to start with haha
5. I saw that before, but it stops the stacks showing entirely, I just want to save a bit of space by having the details but not the previews
6. Dragging and dropping still isn't doing anything for me, whether it's on a tab or at the side of one
Also quite odd behaviour, I opened the reply box as a link so I could check back to your post. I have it set to "cycle in tab order", so that it acts like firefox and chrome with ctrl+tab and ctrl+shift+tab for navigating between tabs.
However, since this page didn't open in the stack, and the original page was in a stack, now the order goes tab1.0 (forum post) -> tab2 (reply) -> tab1.1 -> tab1.2 -> tab3 -> tab4 etc, so the tab order thing still seems a bit broken
With the tabs improved and google search suggestions when you type in the URL bar, I'd (probably) definitely move over for good
1. It's best to keep up with the latest snapshot to get the most recent improvements (and to help find new bugs).