web.skype.com blocked by Vivaldi on Android 11 fine on Android 9
I have two devices. On one, an Android 9 I can log into web.skype.com with my user and use Skype whilst ad and tracker blocking is enabled.
Under Android 11 I can only get web.skype.com to load if I turn off ad and tracker blocking. With ad and tracker blocking on the message I get is
"login.skype.com is blocked.
This page has been blocked by Vivaldi."
Tapping on "Reload" does not allow the page to load correctly.
I have checked the ad and blocker lists in use and they appear to be identical on both copies of Vivaldi. All storage has been deleted on the Android 11 copy of Vivaldi but this has not improved matters.
I can understand if Vivaldi has chosen to block web.skype.com because of one or another tracker, but this does not seem to be the case as Vivaldi under Android 9 does not exhibit the same behaviour.
Is anyone else experiencing similar problems on Android 11? Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem?
Hi, there was a issue with updating ad/tracker lists lately.
Check if they are at the same date, it is possible skype is blocked on Android 9 with an up to date list, too.
Dis/enable lists if they are not 1-2 days old.
Any idea as to which ad/tracker list now blocks Skype?
Hadden89 last edited by
@syklist Probably EasyPrivacy o DDG Tracker. Easier to answer knowing which have you on
Hi, I test this with an Android 12 mobile and can enter my Skype account with enabled EasyPrivacy and DDG tracker and ABP, EasyList, Vivaldi ad lists.
Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Thanks for checking. So on this very small sample size, Vivaldi under Android 9 and 12 OK but not under Android 11.
The plot thickens. I have Ad and Tracker blocking enabled but both Tracker lists disabled. Vivaldi still blocks logins to web.skype.com.
For the time being I have switched to using the duckduckgo browser for Web Skype.
Hi again, you can create a bug report, I guess the developer team can test on Android 11.
Maybe one can reproduce it.
Please add the bug number VAB- here.
Web Skype is now blocked "by Vivaldi" in the same way on my Android 9 device.