Multiple Tabs Operations

• I was quite surprised when I realised that I can't close multiple tabs by selecting them and then Ctrl-W, and more so when I saw that the right-click context menu doesn't get updated when multiple tabs are selected: Hibernate [b]Tab[/b] (instead of tabs), Close [b]Tab[/b](again instead of tabs) and so on. How am I supposed to close multiple tabs? Do the developers seriously expect me to close each one individually? While being on this subject, I have another thing to say if I separate a tab(not multiple because again the menu doesn't allow it) into a new window and then start a mini session(let's say 5 tabs) there how do I bring back ALL of the tabs back to my "master" window, one by one via "move to"? I hope these issues get resolved as soon as possible. Looking forward to a response. P.S. As far as tab handling goes you could look at chrome, they've done it really well.

• @FallenEmpyrean:

I was quite surprised when I realised that I can't close multiple tabs by selecting them and then Ctrl-W/

It would surprise me if the command to close the active tab closed all selected tabs.

@FallenEmpyrean:

and more so when I saw that the right-click context menu doesn't get updated when multiple tabs are selected:

It works for me.

[attachment=3329]SelectedTabsContextMenu.png[/attachment]

@FallenEmpyrean:

While being on this subject, I have another thing to say if I separate a tab (not multiple because again the menu doesn't allow it) into a new window and then start a mini session (let's say 5 tabs) there how do I bring back ALL of the tabs back to my "master" window, one by one via "move to"?

You're quite demanding for a new user who is not yet familiar with the features that are already available.

It is early days yet. This is Vivaldi version 1.1, not Firefox 45, Opera 36 or Chrome 50.

One day we may get a Windows panel like Opera, which makes it easier to move tabs between windows, or Drag & Drop between windows. For now, however, it is one tab at a time, unless I missed something.
    Attachments:

• Hmm..I guess that is a snapshot because I checked if I had the latest version and I got "You're up to date". I do not have those options in my version.

And the problem with moving tabs isn't that I don't have fancy drag and drops, it's that "move to" gives me only the option of moving just one and not my whole selection(again this is my version, yours seem different).

Anyway, thanks for the response, I'll keep in mind that these features are coming in the near future to the official release.

• @FallenEmpyrean:

I'll keep in mind that these features are coming in the near future to the official release.

That's why I said that you're quite demanding.

There's a whole pile of features that are wanted by someone. What is absolutely essential to one user is of no interest to another, or might be nice to have to another.

I am not privy to any plans that the developers have. From more than a year of browsing these forums and the blogs, I would expect to see the email client fairly soon, and I do know that they're using it internally, but I will be amazed if it is in version 1.1 Final, which will be released soon. You might wait six months or more for the Window management that you requested, or it might come sooner.

Anyone can submit Bug Reports and Feature Requests (to the same place), but there is no public bug tracker.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.