Multiple instances? Horrible!

• Task manager in Windows shows huge Vivaldi instances, locking up the PC to 100% use of CPU and memory hogs. Surely you can create a leaner, memory miser, browser. Opera never did this and lockups were ended by killing one instance, not a dozen. Still not good enough. And the keyboard keys are all working yet. Ctrl-W doesn't kill a tab; Tabs don't come in multiple rows. (Yes, we know you want to try "clumps" or boxes of tabs) Right mouse offers open-in-new-tab, but when do we HAVE TO Go there as well? Just create a new tab appended and we'll review later. And we need a ReOpen Closed Tab(s) very badly. I want a browser where I never need to take my fingers off the keyboard to touch a rodent, aka xy-position indicator. Best of luck.

• Opera do the same with instances and consumes a lot of memory. It's the same like Chrome. So, of course Vivaldi do this too. In Chrome you can disable this function. Why not in Vivaldi.

• Hmm –single-process flag doesn't work anymore. Maybe it's time to use some leightweight browser.

• I don't like that too. Please give us an option for single-process

• Is there a clever way to implement single process structure to Chromium engine anymore? If so, I'd like to see it too.

• @martyj:

Maybe this will help you kudo : http://www.chromium.org/developers/design-documents/process-models

Thank you for the link, very intresting read. I didn't even know there were this many options in Chrome engine for page processing.
    I guess best option would be to give the user freedom of choice between all these? I personally like single process but looks like there is advantages to all these methods and having the choice probably couldn't hurt, unless single process in Chrome engine is outdated? Or is it just that instance-per-site is that much faster so they prefer to use that as default?

• Like I said in another topic Freedom of choice is the most important thing in the whole world. Sorry, but I cannot answer your questions at this moment.

• @martyj:

Like I said in another topic Freedom of choice is the most important thing in the whole world. Sorry, but I cannot answer your questions at this moment.

I agree, Vivaldi developers probably know better so hopefully they can give us answer on this, whether we'll have the choice or not.

• @kudo:

@martyj:

I agree, Vivaldi developers probably know better so hopefully they can give us answer on this, whether we'll have the choice or not.

Of course, they know better, I'm just user :)

• Maybe moderator/admin can move this topic to the Vivaldi Browser section so people can comment their thoughts on it?

• Just wanted to confirm that this also happens on Linux.

And I agree that this topic should be in another sub-forum.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.