Citrix VDI stopped working

• There is a bug introduced recently that stops Citrix from working. When logged into portal and trying to open a VDI, an .ica file is generated and sent from the server. This used to be silently executed by the browser and the session would start. In 1.0 this behaviour got changed and now the ica file gets ignored, and the session cannot start. Is there a way to fix this on my end?

• Hi,

Unfortunately none of these apply: I have the Citrix Receiver plug-in (problematic is the old ICA plug-in) and the process actually works in Chrome.

The catch is that Vivaldi doesn't even start downloading the .ica file. I had the same behaviour on Opera so decided to switch here (plus all the goodies, such as vertical window bar etc.).

This used to work, I used it a couple of weeks ago, so there is some internal change with final version that triggered this.

I just checked the page, and there are several hidden iframe's like the one below, with embedded document. My guess is that citrix portal uses such "pop-under" frames to start sessions and Vivaldi is blocking it as suspicious.

I found no way to modify this behaviour per-site, nor have a clue on what is blocking me in the first place…

<iframe id="launchframe_1461146241016" name="launchframe_1461146241016" src="Resources/LaunchIca/Q29udHJvbGxlci5XaW4gOCBBRE1JTiAkUDc4Mw--.ica?CsrfToken=C2FFAED647911B69BF0DA37F0AE78725&IsUsingHttps=Yes&launchId=1461146241016&displayNameDesktopTitle=Win%208%20ADMIN"><br /><br /><html><body style="background-color: rgb(38,38,38); height: 100%; width: 100%; overflow: hidden; margin: 0"><embed width="100%" height="100%" name="plugin" id="plugin" src="https://citrixserver/Citrix/BSSWeb/Resources/LaunchIca/Q29udHJvbGxlci5XaW4gOCBBRE1JTiAkUDc4Mw--.ica?CsrfToken=C2FFAED647911B69BF0DA37F0AE78725&IsUsingHttps=Yes&launchId=1461147137653&displayNameDesktopTitle=Win 8 ADMIN" type="application/x-ica"></body></html><br /><br /></iframe>

Please, first before you are forced to send us a bugreport, try the Latest Snapshot from https://vivaldi.net/en-US/
    Does this work?

I think we cant get a Citrix testsite to check this problem? Or you can help the testers and Devs?

• Much better now 😉

The file gets downloaded, but it doesn't execute automatically, nor is there a menu to enable that as in Chrome….

Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to get a test account on my company's Citrix, but I will try to help as much as possible.

Milan

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.