Minimum tabs width

• Hello, I know we can put tabs on the side but i don't like it. When we have a lot o f tabs vilvaldi become unusable (i use firefox just because it don't do that) [attachment=3292]vivaldi.jpg[/attachment] Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/78873/vivaldi.jpg[/img]

• Vivaldi Team

@cosmi:

Hello,

I know we can put tabs on the side but i don't like it.

When we have a lot o f tabs vilvaldi become unusable (i use firefox just because it don't do that)

[attachment=3292]vivaldi.jpg[/attachment]

I see your point. In Firefox tabs are stacked off screen with a right/left slider arrow to access them. Is that a solution that works for you? Also, when you are up to certain number of tabs in Vivaldi pinned tabs have the same width as other tabs and may be hard to distinguish (although their placement kinda gives it away). Is that part your concern as well?

//C

• We need a tab sidebar with tree style and expand/collapse. This would be awesome. :)

• @christian:

@cosmi:

Hello,

I know we can put tabs on the side but i don't like it.

When we have a lot o f tabs vilvaldi become unusable (i use firefox just because it don't do that)

[attachment=3292]vivaldi.jpg[/attachment]

I see your point. In Firefox tabs are stacked off screen with a right/left slider arrow to access them. Is that a solution that works for you? Also, when you are up to certain number of tabs in Vivaldi pinned tabs have the same width as other tabs and may be hard to distinguish (although their placement kinda gives it away). Is that part your concern as well?

//C

The same solution has firefox would be good.
    And the issue is that more tab we have (not pined) more smaller they are but without minimum limit to tab width.

• What is needed are fixed tab width and multiline tab bar options.

Two main functions of a tab bar is to show what pages are open and allow to switch between them reliably.
    Tabs changing size, moving off screen, sliding, etc - all those things interfere with or block those two essential functions.

For me, without those two options Vivaldi is not suited for any serious work, as I can't track what pages I have open, switch
    between them automatically (on muscle memory), and closing bunch of tabs that change size with each click is a tedious chore.

• @christian:

In Firefox tabs are stacked off screen with a right/left slider arrow to access them. Is that a solution that works for you? Also, when you are up to certain number of tabs in Vivaldi pinned tabs have the same width as other tabs and may be hard to distinguish (although their placement kinda gives it away). Is that part your concern as well?

I don't like the FF solution (left/right slider).
    When there is a working tab stacking (see O12) the shrinking tab widths would be no issue for me.

With working I mean that I can put tabs inside different stacks and can unstack and restack these stacks.

• @christian:

I see your point. In Firefox tabs are stacked off screen with a right/left slider arrow to access them. Is that a solution that works for you?

How people can like such thing? It's very uncomfortable.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.