First impressions and Suggestions

• So, I've been using Vivaldi as much as I could the past week or so, there are a few things that I've noticed, and noted handily in the Notes feature, that I'd like to share. I'll say first however that I come from chrome, I see alot of people on here where/are using opera, so I'm comparing my experience with chrome not opera. [ol] [li]One of my favourite features when it was release in chrome was image search in the context menu, I'd like to see this as a feature in Vivaldi.[/li] [li]Another of my more frequently used features was using a website as a search engine in the address bar, e.g. youtube.com [tab] now it's a search engine. I'd like to see this as a built in feature.[/li] [li]Although the zoom slider is a handy feature I feel it is lacking as it doesn't show the zoom level until I've let go of the slider ball.[/li] [li]I've seen a solution for adding custom icons to the speed dial items, but it's impractical for the amount of items that I'd have in my speed dial. Also transparency layers are nice.[/li] [li]When adding bookmarks to the speed dial I've noticed that the previous URL is pasted 'on click'.[/li] [li]I have added a search bar search engine, which works fine, however the icon for this website is not generating in the search bar drop down list.[/li] [li]I have the dark theme, and as such I notice that the transparency layer on active tabs icons aren't displaying, the tab icons have a white background in most cases.[/li] [li]Although I have installed a new scroll bar (via stylish) that more matches the dark theme, the built in scroll bar doesn't match the dark theme. Also it's 2016 the scroll bar doesn't need to be so wide, nor does it need the up and down arrows.[/li] [li]The middle mouse button doesn't have an effect on the home button, I think it should to open the home page in a new tab.[/li] [li]The F2 menu is AWESOME, I really like it, however, what about a voice search button? Custom voice commands?[/li] [li]When writing these notes I noticed that when a webpage loads it takes focus from the notes panel, which is a bit annoying.[/li] [li]The right click to set image to background isn't instant, and when I was doing it I wasn't sure it even worked. It did, but I wasn't sure for a minute.[/li] [li]Another awesome feature I really like in Vivaldi is the page size and items displayed on the right hand side of the address bar, however, it doesn't display fetching information, I'd like to see a bit more especially as there is no loading bar, it LOOKS LIKE the browser is hanging when I click a link.[/li] [li]I like the built in session saving although I'd like to see forms saved also.[/li] [li]When using web apps like Google docs or pixlr, Vivaldis hot keys and the apps hot keys over lap, CTRL+B which would normally make text bold in Google docs, opens the bookmarks menu. This is a pretty major conflict that needs to be addressed.[/li] [li]Opening a link in a new tab opens a white page, which doesn't match them dark theme, it's blinding at night, I'd like to see the default blank page colour as a darker colour, that matches the themes.[/li] [li]Although I understand the missing built in flash player, youtube, with HTML 5 enabled, is quite unstable, and often crashes midway through a video, and sometimes the page needs refreshed one or sometimes two times to get the video to play.[/li] Well if you've [/ol] read this far, thanks. I hope that a developer reads this and takes note of a few things even if some of these are personal preference. I hope to keep using Vivaldi and I'll hopefully one day I'll be able to use a browser that is as feature full as chrome with less of the intense system usage.

• Type the search keyword e.g. "w <search string="">" in the address bar to search wikipedia</search>

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.