Dragging selections vs selecting link text

• I rarely need to drag links around. Most of the time when I just want to select the link text, not drag it. However the default vivaldi operation for links seems to be to make the text links draggable objects so selecting link text is impossible. In youtube for example this makes it impossible to select video title name text because they are also links. This is not wanted behaviour for me. For example on this forum if I want to paint the link "Vivaldi browser for Windows" I simply can't (if I wanted to copy that text or select that link so I can search with it for example) because vivaldi makes it draggable object. Is there an option to make link text selection work like normal text selection? I could understand if the current system worked like dragging object if I clicked on an already painted text link to drag it. If it worked that way it would be fine but the way it works currently it just reduces the usability because I need to manually type things I can't just copy paste if those are text links.

• It's actually very easy to select link text, just start dragging above the link.

[attachment=3288]SelectLink.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @Pesala:

It's actually very easy to select link text, just start dragging above the link.

[attachment=3288]SelectLink.png[/attachment]

If it is so easy then try to drag the "Index" text link on the top of the page.

It is not very intuitive if you need a specific technique to select text.

That's true, but after a time of using Chromium-based browsers, it is an acquired skill/habit.

Because it is a royal pain in such browsers, there is an extension in the Chrome Web Store called "Select like a Boss," aimed largely at solving that problem.

• @Aghors:

In youtube for example this makes it impossible to select video title name text because they are also links

Your claim is false. It is very easy to select linked titles in YouTube, or part of a link. This is a trivial complaint due to unfamiliarity with how the browser works. As for it being intuitive, I found out how to do it easily enough without being told.

[attachment=3290]SelectPartofLink.png[/attachment]

I don't think selecting text in navigation bars is a common requirement. It is equally difficult/impossible in Opera 12.17, Firefox, or IE11.

[attachment=3291]SelectNavigationBarLinks.png[/attachment]

Politics
    Tech
    Science
    Attachments:

• @Pesala:

@Aghors:

In youtube for example this makes it impossible to select video title name text because they are also links

Your claim is false. It is very easy to select linked titles in YouTube, or part of a link. This is a trivial complaint due to unfamiliarity with how the browser works. As for it being intuitive, I found out how to do it easily enough without being told.

[attachment=3290]SelectPartofLink.png[/attachment]

I don't think selecting text in navigation bars is a common requirement. It is equally difficult/impossible in Opera 12.17, Firefox, or IE11.

[attachment=3291]SelectNavigationBarLinks.png[/attachment]

Politics
    Tech
    Science

Well it is nice if the system works so well for you. Try that Index text on top of this page. Can't do it. My instant reaction was that the system was broken. Anyway thanks for the condescending attitude.

@Ayespy:

That's true, but after a time of using Chromium-based browsers, it is an acquired skill/habit.

Because it is a royal pain in such browsers, there is an extension in the Chrome Web Store called "Select like a Boss," aimed largely at solving that problem.

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for :)

• @Aghors:

Well it is nice if the system works so well for you.

I answered your initial question and provided an easy way to select the text. Did it not work for you to select link text on YouTube or elsewhere?
    @Aghors:

For example on this forum if I want to paint the link "Vivaldi browser for Windows" I simply can't

Can you still not do it now that you know how it can be done? The index link text is harder to select, but that is not what you asked in your initial post, and for which I provided the solution.

Index
    Recent Topics
    No Replies
    My Topics
    Forum Rules
    Search

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.