Opera Mobile Emulator Alternatives?

• Any good Opera Mobile Emulator Alternatives (small file size)? All the Firefox/Chrome built in ones & The Web Developer ToolBar mobile views are a lot more forgiving than the Opera Mobile Emulator is. And that's a good thing...

• No, i dont think so.

may i ask, what do you want to test?

• I need to know how my sites will look across desktop browsers & mobile devices.

• So you need the correct emulator of these devices.
    Why? Because every browser has a different rendering engine and Javascript or CSS differences will have a impact on the displayed page.
    iOS has Safari-Engine, Windows has Edge or IE, Firefox has Gecko, Opera 12 has Presto, Opera 36 has Webkit and so on.

If you don't care some little differences you can use the Developer Tools with the Emulation feature.

Thats the normal life and hard work of a webdeveloper.

• Example: in Firefox/Chrome RWD View Tools displayed no problem.
    The Opera Mobile Emulator displayed a horizontal space error.

• Hmm, how do you know which one is incorrect? Firefox has a different rendering engine, Chrom* has a different rendering engine and Opera Mobile has a different rendering engine.
    Did you test it on a real Mobile device?

You cant test it with emulators as it would be on real devices. With emulators you may often get a 99.9% correct view, but if you want a correct check you should test on real devices or with a payed web service rendering on real devices and displaying the results in browser.

As a webdeveloper you have to live with such problems and get the feedback from your visitors/customers if pages dont work dine on all devices.
    Or you buy/rent the devices you want to test with.

• I'm cheap; I test them out at BestBuy ;)

• @Gwen-Dragon:

So you need the correct emulator of these devices.
    Why? Because every browser has a different rendering engine and Javascript or CSS differences will have a impact on the displayed page.
    iOS has Safari-Engine, Windows has Edge or IE, Firefox has Gecko, Opera 12 has Presto, Opera 36 has Webkit and so on.

If you don't care some little differences you can use the Developer Tools with the Emulation feature.

Thats the normal life and hard work of a webdeveloper.

Vivaldi has no device emulation feature though? Correct? =(

I saw if you go to the developer tools settings, theres a menu on the left for adding new devices to the dropdown of the device emulator.. but the device emulator is missing completely.

• Just for a quick test about how a webpage will look on a relatively small screen and with the moblie UA, just add the webpage as webpanel.

Not a proper mobile emulator, but good enough for many purposes.

• The Vivaldi and Chromium developer tool does not emulate any device.
    It emulates the display size and resolution, but not the features.

You may check the extension from http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/ which can show you your page with some responsive layout.

• I'm a frontend developer and I'm using Blisk browser (https://blisk.io/) for last 4 months. The emulation is good enough. In addition, Blisk allows me to see how page looks on mobile and desktop simultaneously. This is very usefull in all phases of development

• @henodaz But Blisk emulates viewports, not the browsers! You can't test JS functions or special CSS setups for a device with this program.

• Thanks for the advice 8)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.