Using the build in search

• Hi there everyone I do not know if this is the wrong place or not but here it goes. When I try and use the search feature IE the next to the wed address It says. This site can’t be reached www.vivaldi.rocks unexpectedly closed the connection. ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

• @JohnWJ6969:

Hi there everyone

I do not know if this is the wrong place or not but here it goes. When I try and use the search feature IE the next to the wed address It says.

This site can’t be reached

www.vivaldi.rocks unexpectedly closed the connection.
    ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

As I understand it, vivaldi.rocks is part of Vivaldi's revenue model. It routes search requests on a couple of the built-in search engines (Bing, Yahoo, I'm not sure if any others) through a company that uses search data to plan advertising. Vivaldi gets a tiny amount of money (I imagine less than a cent) per search for permitting this.

The vivaldi.rocks servers must be having some trouble. You can bypass the whole thing and make default search work again by deleting the built-in search and replacing it with your own link direct to the search engine, not going through vivaldi.rocks. Just go into settings/search and remove the offending search engines, then go to the relevant search page (say, www.bing.com ) , right-click in the search box on the page, and select the context menu entry, "Add as search engine…" When you have the search engines you want, go back into settings and select whichever one you want to be the default, and you're off and running.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.