Sync with other services

• Hello. I just find this browser. Looks good I like it but what I'm looking for is : Will it support in future sync with others browsers? Because me as Chrome user I like have everything synced with phone (chrome) and PC (chrome) (like web sites / passwords etc.) And If there would be feature which allow sync between Chrone and this browser would be awesome. So I would like to know just simple answer : Yes It will have in future this feature (Sync with others browser services) No I will have own sync system. Or some answers like this. Thank you for your time. I hope do you understand what i mean.

• @dasti555:

Hello. I just find this browser. Looks good I like it but what I'm looking for is :

Will it support in future sync with others browsers?
    Because me as Chrome user I like have everything synced with phone (chrome) and PC (chrome) (like web sites / passwords etc.)

And If there would be feature which allow sync between Chrone and this browser would be awesome.

So I would like to know just simple answer : Yes It will have in future this feature (Sync with others browser services)
    No I will have own sync system.

Or some answers like this.

Thank you for your time. I hope do you understand what i mean.

Thanks God Vivaldi will have its own service. But nothing prevents to have extensions meant to sync to whichever service yo want.

For the record I tested already the Dolphin extension and it works like a charm to sync vivaldi with Dolphin.

• So is now any possibily to sync Chrome sync. services with Vivaldi?

• @dasti555:

So is now any possibily to sync Chrome sync. services with Vivaldi?

Chrom[e|ium] and vivaldi profiles are mostly compatible, you can just sync chrome and then copy its bookmark files (and even the whole user profile) in place of vivaldi's ones.

I think that although not guaranteed you can use the –user-data-dir= switch on one or both the browsers to share the same profile

Then you can launch chromium from time to time to sync, and keep using vivaldi for the normal tasks.

• Where is this file located?
    Im not sure what you mean with
    "I think that although not guaranteed you can use the –user-data-dir= switch on one or both the browsers to share the same profile "
    But copy data profile folder from google to vivaldi seems worked < password synced
    but bookmarks no ::(

Also will this browser support plugins?

• @dasti555:

Where is this file located?

Vivaldi's user profile is located by default in

C:\users\your-username\appdata\local\vivaldi\User Data

I don't have handy Chromium's one but should be a similar path, just google for it or search inside your user profile

The bookmarks file alone is just called "bookmarks" and is inside the "default" subfolder of the user profile other relevant files have a self-explanatory name

• I find it. But bookmarks seems be unsynced

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.