issue when selecting from previous search suggestions
This is a minor issue but I thought I'd just post it here.
I have a lot of search engine keywords and search directly from the address bar.
I'll usually search them with something like -
or using wikipedia
Now, when I start typing these I also see the history of those searches showing up in the suggestions.
Many times, I just want to change the keyword only so I press
down arrowon the keyboard a few times to select the previous search -
And then press
hometo go the beginning of the search and press
Now what happens is the cursor jumps to the end of the search -
I again have to press
homeon the keyboard and add the new keyword again.
deletewouldn't make the cursor jump to the end of the line.
Again, this happens only when I'm selecting a previously typed keyword search.
Has this been reported? Do you have the bug ID?
Otherwise I will report it.
I see the same behavior (Mac and Windows at least, current latest version both, and Snapshot in Mac also).
Steps to reproduce are much simpler:
- In Address Bar type some part of an URL you already visited.
- Select one entry of the list using the Down Arrow key
- Move the cursor/caret to somewhere in the middle of the URL.
- Press Delete / Backspace and the char is deleted BUT the caret is moved to the end on the URL.
This behavior doesn't happen if:
- instead of deleting a char you add new ones; or
- after selecting the entry you position the caret with the mouse pointer.
I've just reported it: VB-90744
I just saw in this Vivaldi blog post
[Address bar] Pressing “Delete” or “Backspace” causes the cursor to jump to the end of the text (VB-89726)
Searching the issue key I found this entry on the forum.
So I think VB-90744 could be closed as duplicate.
P.S.: It seems that I have to improve my search skills on the forum