What's the Deal with the Fuzzy Red Guys?

• I'm seeing them all over Vivaldi's stuff. Are they mascots of some kind? What are they called? Vivaldians? Are they the aforementioned "friends" the browser was made for? I apologize if this is common knowledge. I'm new to the community, and I wasn't really sure how to search for this topic. [img]https://help.vivaldi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/community.png[/img]

Yes, that are the Vivaldian mascots. They are a sort of hot lava ghost from Island. The red one is named Antonio 😉

• Interesting. So they are supposed to be made out of lava? How did a lava ghost named Antonio come to be the mascot of Vivaldi? The name looks like it probably comes from the composer Antonio Vivaldi.

That's exactly where the name comes from. And the little lava critters are just something the team cooked up to have a mascot.

• Also iceland is known for it's volcanic areas and geysers, the word geyser comes from there. Vivaldi breaths also icelandic, an important place for the browser…so the lava dudes (:

• Vivaldi breaths also icelandic…

I'm not sure what this part of your sentence means. I get that the founder (Jon) is Icelandic, and several of the team members are from Iceland.

And the company was founded in Iceland, its servers are in Iceland, it has offices there, etc.

I think this was an attempt "Vivaldi breathes Icelandic…" by a person whose native tongue is not English, to express the idea that Vivaldi Technologies inhabits an Icelandic existence.

There's a yoga studio in Reykjavik called "Breathe Iceland." There's a tourism slogan, "Eat, sleep and breathe Iceland." One gets the impression that Icelanders associate a good deal of the Icelandic experience with what it feels like to breathe there.

Eh??

• That sounds plausible. I'm not sure where I'm getting this, but I think Iceland has pretty good air quality. It's a small island with a small population, so it's fairly pristine. Despite the name, it's actually filled with natural beauty.

• @Ayespy:

And the company was founded in Iceland, its servers are in Iceland, it has offices there, etc.

I think this was an attempt "Vivaldi breathes Icelandic…" by a person whose native tongue is not English, to express the idea that Vivaldi Technologies inhabits an Icelandic existence.

There's a yoga studio in Reykjavik called "Breathe Iceland." There's a tourism slogan, "Eat, sleep and breathe Iceland." One gets the impression that Icelanders associate a good deal of the Icelandic experience with what it feels like to breathe there.

Eh??

You are right :silly:

@Lexinad:

Vivaldi breaths also icelandic…

I'm not sure what this part of your sentence means. I get that the founder (Jon) is Icelandic, and several of the team members are from Iceland.

I just wanted to emphasize the icelandic spirit of Vivaldi 😉

OK - absolutely my last word on this. I fear my linguistic bone failed me…

"Icelandic spirit, "..."breath."

Latin spiritus=breath. Can't believe I missed that. "breathes Icelandic" is an obvious reference to "Icelandic spirit." Of course.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.