New user questions - Address bar open to new tab

• Hi - New user here. I'm coming over from Firefox and have most of the usability differences resolved. One issue I have is opening from the address bar or the search in the address bar overwrites the current tab. I would really like to make the default behavior to always open in a new tab. My searches have not turned up a definitive solution have I missed this ? Other minor issue is the size of the "X" on close tab, I would like to make it smaller but my effort on resizing the PNG images which I thought might do this have failed. Last other minor issue, which I may have brought on with a custom CSS change is when I left click the "Window" button in the command bar it always brings the window full screen rather then opening the drop down to switch to a tab/window which I am pretty sure was the default behavior. Thanks Steve

• @strichards:

I'm coming over from Firefox and have most of the usability differences resolved. One issue I have is opening from the address bar or the search in the address bar overwrites the current tab. I would really like to make the default behavior to always open in a new tab. My searches have not turned up a definitive solution have I missed this ?

This was mentioned several times. I miss this feature too, but at the moment this is not implemented. Maybe a bug-report could help? I don't know.

A (good) workaround is the Quick-Command feature (key "F2"). But it would be better (for me, you and many other users, if we could configure the adress- and searchbar).

Because of your other two questions: I can't help or say anything. Maybe another user can help?

• @strichards:

Other minor issue is the size of the "X" on close tab, I would like to make it smaller but my effort on resizing the PNG images which I thought might do this have failed.

Last other minor issue, which I may have brought on with a custom CSS change is when I left click the "Window" button in the command bar it always brings the window full screen rather then opening the drop down to switch to a tab/window which I am pretty sure was the default behavior.

Thanks
    Steve

Can't help specifically, other than by pointing you to the Customisation thread where they love talking about modifying CSS etc. ;)

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/all/3073-vivaldi-ui-customisations

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.