Setting up vivaldi for ssd?

• I come from opera 12 which had options to move every single directory it uses to any other place you wanted. So I had set up mine so that all of the caches and downloads etc were on my 5400rpm drive and not on my ssd. This made tiny bit of difference in browsing speed (videos and pages load maybe a tenth or two slower) but for the life of ssd I think it has decent sized effect. Especially if you are like me who watches tons of youtube, twitch etc. Is there any way to move the caches and other constantly written files away from my ssd?

• You can add the command line switch –disk-cache-dir="F:\Temp\Vivaldi" where F:\Temp\Vivaldi is whatever drive/folder you wish.

• @TbGbe:

You can add the command line switch –disk-cache-dir="F:\Temp\Vivaldi" where F:\Temp\Vivaldi is whatever drive/folder you wish.

Thanks! I'll try that.

Any way to make vivaldi to save bookmarks and favourites to some other location?

• @Aghors:

Any way to make vivaldi to save bookmarks and favourites to some other location?

Not that I know of.

Although this type of user controlled configuration will probably come in a later update.

• Using that switch isn't enough though if you ever start Vivaldi in any other way, such as by clicking a link in an email program. To handle that, you have to change a spot in the Registry.

I dearly wish that Vivaldi would add cache location and maximum size to preferences. Using switches is very crude.

• You can also install Vivaldi on a different drive, not like Chrome which does not allow that.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.