Two questions

• Hi guys, just started using this fabolous browser. Only two things are missing for me - maybe you can help me? - I love the tabs on the left side with the preview of the page. BUT is there a way to mark the active page a little bit more obvious? Right now I am using the dark theme and the difference between the active tab and the rest is almost unnoticable. - I do miss the option to enter an URL and hit alt-enter to open the URL in a new tab. Any way to make this possible? Love, Ann.

• You can use the Quick Commands dialogue to go to any page in a new tab.

F2, Type URL , Enter

For me, the difference between active and inactive tabs is very obvious. Try different Appearance settings.

[attachment=3191]ActiveTab.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @Inja:

• I love the tabs on the left side with the preview of the page. BUT is there a way to mark the active page a little bit more obvious? Right now I am using the dark theme and the difference between the active tab and the rest is almost unnoticable.
    • I do miss the option to enter an URL and hit alt-enter to open the URL in a new tab. Any way to make this possible?

I agree, 2 things I miss really:

With standard system colors for Windows I always guess which of the tabs the active tab is currently shown.

For a consistent behavior (there is an option to open bookmark links in a new atb) this option should apply to the address feild as well as for the search combo box.

• @Pesala:

You can use the Quick Commands dialogue to go to any page in a new tab.
    For me, the difference between active and inactive tabs is very obvious. Try different Appearance settings.
    [attachment=3191]ActiveTab.png[/attachment]

Anyway I don't like the appearance of your browser settings - too much colors which change every time the tab is changed.

It would not be that hard to set an option to select user defined colors for active and inactive tab.

• Yes, exactly. That IS missing.
    F2 is great, but still it lacks the alt-enter to open it in a new tab.
    And in standard-color-mode (for consistent colors), the active tabs are not really noticeable.
    No workaround possible?

• @Inja:

No workaround possible?

You could take a look at this very long thread. It talks about all kinds of user interface customizations.

• Ah! That did the trick:
    Look for Vivaldi\1.1.443.3\resources\vivaldi\style\custom.css
    Search for:
    .tab.active{color:#fff;background-color:#656565}
    and replace that with:
    .tab.active{color:#fff;background-color:#ff9600}

Works only that way in the dark theme without the pages-color-stuff-thing.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.