CPU Overloads System an Browser are freezing

• Hello, together from Germany. I use Vivaldi since the beta version on Gnu Linux Debian /Mint and the following has struck me. Vivaldi takes view extremely a lot of CPU achievement as soon as new Tabs are opened this can lead up to the freezing of the complete system with two open Tabs with nearly 40% of CPU achievement sometimes nearly 80-90% I use except ScriptBlock no enlargements Now my supposition goes there probably in the HTML surface of Vivaldi Browsers lies or the flash plugin for vivaldi sucks Best Regards Rudy

• Hi, Vivaldi start a thread for each tab, plugin, extension, for itself and some more depends on page.
    This cost some memory but CPU usage is nearly ~0% if you do nothing, scrolling for example.
    May you have corrupted config or database files resulting from updating the browser since first install.
    You can try to move your /home/user/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default directory to a different place and restart Vivaldi.
    I delete it or the whole Vivaldi directory during beta phase several times, Vivaldi create it new when you start it again.
    You can copy your bookmark file back for example, other settings need a few minutes to setup again.
    I use Vivaldi on several systems even on my old laptop and have no problems with lagging or freeze.

Opensuse Tumblweed x86_64
    CPU Intel T4200 4 GB
    GPU Intel GN 965
    xf86-video-intel 2.99.917-6.1
    Vivaldi 1.0 and latest snapshot (64 bit)

Cheers, mib

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.