VIVALDI isn't working anymore

• Hello does anybody else having this problem? vivaldi stopped working i got a pop up saying vivaldi stopped working and has crashed i uninstalled and got latest version installed but still does not working i got nothing this time no pop up just click the shortcut but nothing happens not even running as admin when i click shortcut please somebody help Thanks in advance

May be Vivaldi crashed

Please try:
    1. start Windows Explorer
    2. Enter```
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default

3\. Delete the Files
    Last Session
    Last Tabs
    Current Session
    Current Tabs
    4\. Start Vivaldi

• thanks for your reply
    i did, deleted those files, tried to open but nothing happened :(

• Same problem here, except it appeared not after a crash, but a normal exit/restart.
    debug.log:
    [0411/161808:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x6d491f9200000000, size 0x61 fully unreadable
    [0411/161808:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x6d491fb200000000, size 0x61 fully unreadable
    [0411/161808:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x0, size 0x61 fully unreadable

lesss has this too

• Try this: copy paste this into windows file explorer and press enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data, rename the "default" folder in that directory to "backup default"; then launch vivaldi… (close all instances of vivladi before doing this BTW)
    A new "default" folder will be automatically created when you launch vivaldi....
    Then just delete the "backup default" folder.....
    Hope that helped~ ;)

OK, that the hard way:
    Uninstall Vivaldi
    Open Explorer "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi"
    go up one folder
    Rename Vivaldi to Vivalid_ORIG
    Install Vivaldi

Does this work now?

Do you have any security programs installed?

• Did you try installing the standalone version? It may help…..
    Open installer->advanced->installation type->install standalone (if the option is unclickable, first change the destination folder to a different location) ;)
    Hope that helped~ :)

• I had the same problem. Just delete Secure Preferences in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Vivaldi\User Data\Default

• I use X64 standalone version, cleaning user data or complete reinstall didn't help.
    But changing to X86 works! Even with the original user data.

The x64 Vivaldi should work.
    Perhaps you had a broken installation. But it may be dependend on which Windows version you have.

Which Windows do you use?

• win8.1 x64

Hmmm, in our tester team i did not hear any problem with 8.1.

If you encounter problems with x64 a 32bit (x86) sometimes run better. Thats what i did in years before with Opera and now with Vivaldi.

• yes, 32bit seems OK

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.