Open new tab in tab stack

• Currently we have option to open new tab in tab group, but that only works when the tab is already in tab stack. I wish I'm able to do the same thing from a normal tab. For example, there can be a "Open in tab stack" option in right click menu, which puts current tab and the newly opened tab into a tab stack.

• default to "open link in current tab stack" (creates a tab stack if not in one) seems like it'll be super cool and powerful!

• @7nial How's that going to work if you have more than one tab stack?

• @7nial said in Open new tab in tab stack:

For example, there can be a "Open in tab stack" option in right click menu, which puts current tab and the newly opened tab into a tab stack.

@Pesala Change option to "Create New Tab Stack" (only current tab and new tab) :grin:

Should be added to https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/15385/feature-requests-for-1-9-1-10
    (if not already there).

• @quangv said in Open new tab in tab stack:

default to "open link in current tab stack" (creates a tab stack if not in one) seems like it'll be super cool and powerful!

Yes! It would be super cool.

The implementation should presumably be trivial: put each new first-generation tab in a new stack.

It would be like this: When an amoeba that lives in a container spawns a child, the child also starts to live in the same container, but when an amoeba that lives outside a container spawns a child, the child also starts to live outside and loses contact with its parent---This is the current Vivaldi. My proposal is: When you create an amoeba, why not put it in a new empty container? Then its children will live in the same container with their parent . . . This is the automatic tab stacking for you!

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.