Notes

• Hello, I have Opera 12.? portable. I would like to know if I can install the notes from it in your new and very nice product. Thank You, Jeff

• Yes. File menu, Import Bookmarks and Settings

In Import after "Choose folder" you need to select the folder containing the operaprefs.ini.

• Some work has to be done on the hierarchy of Notes :

• impossible to add a folder on the first level
    • it is difficult to add a note from an open url

• @ketalar:

Some work has to be done on the hierarchy of Notes :

• impossible to add a folder on the first level
    • it is difficult to add a note from an open url

[ol]

• As in Opera 12.17, Ctrl Click on a folder to select it, and to deselect it. When no folder is selected, you can add a folder in the root.
    • Not sure what your difficulty is. I just added one from the current active tab. What do you mean by an open URL?
      [/ol]

[attachment=3192]AddNewFolder.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• I have not a "notes" folder.
    OK for 1. Thanks for the information.
    It was much more convenient in O12 : I had to just drag and drop an URL address (the one which was open in the browser) to the choosen notes folder.

• …and I could shift upper a folder.

• We seem to have a communication problem here. You can add a folder named "Notes" if you want one. That's just what I happen to have.

Why would you drag a URL to a note? That's for bookmarks.

Select some text on the page, and right-click to add it as a note. Notes have the URL built-in. When you double-click a note it goes to the URL from where it was copied.

What do you mean by "Shift Upper a folder"?

• Bookmarks : With O12, one could drag an url address and insert it into the desired folder. Now it is impossible.
    At least, the vertical flag in the address bar should refer to the previously selected bookmarks folder.
    Or, right-click on a bookmarks folder sould propose to add the page, as in O12
    Notes : Tnx for the trick. But my notes usage is different : I sort my notes in alphabetical order, and mainly use them as passwords reminders : so I have a lot of folders, containing 2 notes.
    With O12, when I created a password for a new site, I manually added a folder in the alphabetical list, then added name and passwd.
    And I double-clicked the items to login.
    BTW, an alphabetical order for the folders is needed. (and a 2-windows option).
    So, when I try to move a folder to the right place, it is impossible : it is inserted as "son" of the closest one, not in the wanted hierarchy.

I wonder if that is more precise …

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.