Bug? It's not possible to add new or rename folders in bookmarks

• Hi, I'm using version 1.1.443.3 (newest snapshot) on ArchLinux, but I think the OS is not relevant: I can't add new folders to bookmarks and I can't rename any other folders in the bookmarks. But I can add new folder in SpeedDial! It this a bug (I have test it with a new profile)? Can anybody confirm this behavior? Thank you.

That was a bug in an ancient version that was solved ages ago. It is not present in my version of 1.1.433.3 on Win10. New folders work just great here.

• Ok, thanks for the answer.

I have Win10 in DualBoot, but not test it yet on Win10. Maybe it could be a Linux-Problem? Can anybody with Linux check it? Or should I open a new topic in the Linux-Forum?

PS.:
    I don't want open duplicate topics, because in other forums (according to my experience) is this not welcome.

• Ayespy, it's funny (to say the least) you should call current bugs "ancient" and "solved". It's happening to kar82 right now, and it's happening to me. Better not spam if you don't have a solution.
    Win 7 here.
    No rename and the "add new folder" does not work. The "New Folder" appears for half a second maybe and then disappears.

P.S. Vivaldi 1.1.443.3 (Developer Build) (32-bit)

• Add New Folder works for me (both from Speed Dial->Bookmarks and via Side Panel->Bookmarks).
    With Vivaldi 1.1.443.3 (Developer Build) (64-bit) and with Vivaldi 1.0.435.42 () (32-bit)

Note: there is a small bug that rename does not work if you type the new name and press Enter.
    But you can just type the new name and then click in the Description field, the new name will be saved then.

Edit: I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit

• @TbGbe:

Note: there is a small bug that rename does not work if you type the new name and press Enter.
    But you can just type the new name and then click in the Description field, the new name will be saved then.

Ok, thank you. This is a workaround for SidePanel -> bookmarks.

But if I open the bookmarks via the SpeedDial, it is working only one time.
    I mean, I can add one time a new folder and rename it with your workaround. But I can't add a second folder (the new folder appears for half a second maybe and then disappears). I have to go back to the SpeedDial and go again in the bookmark section and now, I can add a new folder and rename it with your workaround. But this is working always only one time. For a second folder I have to reopen the bookmark via the SpeedDial.

• Must admit - I only tried one via Speed Dial, sorry. You are correct, the subsequent attempts don't work.

However, multiple folders does work if you do it via side panel (with the Enter Key workaround).
    Although I noticed that the list of bookmarks may redraw so that the New Folder is not shown in the window - you can use scroll bar and see that the new folder still has focus.

The Enter Key problem has already been reported, but you have earned the right to raise a new report for New Folder in Speed Dial -. Bookmarks
    at https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

You should receive acknowledgement with bug number via email and post that number in this thread.

Unfortunately, the bug tracker is not publicly available, so we have to watch the releas information to identify which are solved.

• Thanks, TbGbe, the side panel workaround works like a charm here.

• Two workarounds in one :side:

• Bug-Report is created!!!

=> VB-15760

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.