[Resolved] Change new tab page to "Momentum" extension

• Hi! I really love the momentum extension in chrome, that modify the new tab page. So, when I understand that vivaldi is make with chromium, I try to install momentum from the chrome web store, but don't happen anything. How can I change the new tab page?

• Hi Eternyt,

The guys at Vivaldi is already working to implement the custom new tab features in future builds.

I have also been wanting the custom new tab but like any other users we'll have to wait.

• Thank you for the answer!
    I'll wait the implementation!

• I've updated my "New Tab Start Page Pro" to support Vivaldi using some workarounds …
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mjfahldkpjhcnfbbmdhpjolcjpcfhcpj

Tested on Snapshot 1.1.443.3 in Windows so hopefully it works the same in OSX.

It seems Vivaldi doesn't want to close "startpage" tabs sometimes using chrome.tabs.remove,
    especially when it's first started. Also, sometimes chrome.tabs.query creates an error randomly,
    but I'm guessing as the updates progress these issues will be resolved.

• Great extension JialeLeong!!
    It work for site, but there is the possibility to use anoter new page extensione (like momentum)?

• Apparently i'm don't think there is a extension similar to momentum.

By following escape75 reply … after you install the "new tab start page pro" extension, you can replace the url with "chrome-extension://laookkfknpbbblfpciffpaejjkokdgca/dashboard.html" to toggle momentum but make sure you also have momentum installed and enabled.

• Thanks a lot, it works!!!

• Very nice.
    Is there a way to get from the Momentum page to speed dial?

• There is only a big problem: when I press on the plus to open a new tab, Vivaldi instead open 2 tab, one with momentun and one with the normal speed dial. There is a way to fix it?

• @Eternyt:

There is only a big problem: when I press on the plus to open a new tab, Vivaldi instead open 2 tab, one with momentun and one with the normal speed dial. There is a way to fix it?

Start with last session, not with homepage.

• Yes, but it happened every time i open a new tab!

• I installed New Tab Start Page Pro using the link below:

@escape75:

I've updated my "New Tab Start Page Pro" to support Vivaldi using some workarounds …
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mjfahldkpjhcnfbbmdhpjolcjpcfhcpj

Tested on Snapshot 1.1.443.3 in Windows so hopefully it works the same in OSX.

It seems Vivaldi doesn't want to close "startpage" tabs sometimes using chrome.tabs.remove,
    especially when it's first started. Also, sometimes chrome.tabs.query creates an error randomly,
    but I'm guessing as the updates progress these issues will be resolved.

…then changed the URL in Start Page's settings as described here:

@JialeLeong:

By following escape75 reply … after you install the "new tab start page pro" extension, you can replace the url with "chrome-extension://laookkfknpbbblfpciffpaejjkokdgca/dashboard.html" to toggle momentum but make sure you also have momentum installed and enabled.

I'm using Vivaldi 1.3 on openSUSE Leap 42.1 and Momentum now works perfectly, only one tab opening at a time.

• UPDATED METHOD: https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/13106/change-new-tab-page-in-vivaldi.

NOTE : DO THIS AFTER INSTALLING MOMENTUM .

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.