Google Play Music



  • I'm pretty new to Vivaldi Browser (installed last night), and I'm already loving it, but I'm having issues getting Google Play Music working with streaming music. I know this is likely a known issue with bug reports to boot, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck getting it to work. I'll put my info below, but I'm running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) if that helps at all. I have already tried disabling NPAPI Flash, and have PPAPI Flash (21.0.0.213) enabled. I wanted to try HTML5 Audio, but was surprised to find the option ghosted (even though Vivaldi almost the same HTML5 support as Chrome according to HTML5 Test). Let me know if any other information would be helpful Thanks, Sean [b]Info[/b] Vivaldi 1.1.443.3 (Developer Build) (64-bit) Revision 575538bc320e213510be1e66f3521382e615129d OS Windows Blink 537.36 (@575538bc320e213510be1e66f3521382e615129d) JavaScript V8 4.9.385.33 Flash 21.0.0.213 User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/49.0.2623.110 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.1.443.3 Command Line "C:\Users\seanr\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe" --always-authorize-plugins --disable-translate --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_21_0_0_213.dll" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end



  • Same issue with version 1.0.435.42 on OS X 10.11.4.
    A had some success when I had added '[*.]play.google.com' to add-on exception list (vivaldi://chrome/settings/content). But it works only for one song.



  • Same issue, 1.1.453.6 on Windows 10 x64, and the yanick76's workaround didn't work for me. It's a deal breaker for me, I hope you guys can fix it.



  • Same issue with stable 1.0.435.42 (32-bit).

    Replicated with Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 (64-bit) and Windows 10 Pro (64-bit).

    After some testing, it seems like any songs that were ever uploaded or purchased via Google Play will work, but any songs being streamed via the Google Play Music subscription service will not work.

    Not sure why it works this way, but hopefully that information is helpful.

    EDIT: Just wanted to add that I tested with 1.1.453.45 (32-bit) and have the same issue. This was on Windows 7, but I will test with Windows 10 when I get home.



  • I'm seeing this with Vivaldi version 1.2.490.39 () (32-bit) running on Windows 10. As stated above, it's fine playing uploaded music, but won;t play anything from the streaming service.



  • I use earbits in the web panel http://www.earbits.com/#genres/


Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.