Performance on Mac

• I think Vivaldi's a really great browser but unfortunately performance is really lacking on my 5 years old Macbook Pro. Opening a new tab takes too much time. For example, when I press cmd + t to open a new tab and start typing a url, the first 3 to 4 characters don't show up. Overall, typing in the url bar is slow. Switching tabs isn't instant as well. How's performance on your Mac? I wonder if it has to do with my older hardware or if it's a mac-specific issue.

• I'm working on a "MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)" and I do notice a delay as well (only one character gets lost in your example, here). Even though the delay is not much, it's notable, compared to Chrome and it can be irritating.

• Exactly the same problem here — quite bad performance on an early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina with 3.1GHz i7 and 16GB RAM, running OSX 10.11.4. Switching between already opened tabs is actually instant for me, but opening a new tab is painfully slow. Just like you said — when pressing a Cmd+T for a new tab, and start typing straight away, and I lose the first few characters in the address bar, because of the delay, which is quite annoying.

Creating a new tab via ⌘T is almost instantaneous on my rMBP (Early 2013, i7, 16GB RAM). If I really try, I can get it to eat the first character but not more, and for that to happen I need to put some effort into it.

Creating a new Window, however, is really slow and takes 3-4 seconds or so. I rarely create new windows, though, because the OS X native "Move focus to next window" shortcut only switches between the two most recently used windows in Vivaldi, so working with more than two windows gets pretty annoying.

• I'm having the same experience. I've had it drop 3-4 characters typed after a Command-T. In fact, if you're sitting in a text field you can type characters into that field AFTER the Cmd-T before it gets around to opening the new tab. In the latest Opera I never have this happen at all.

Since what I do all day is <cmd-t><search query="" or="" url="">in rapid succession, I need this to at the very least not drop characters or send them to the current page. I'd be only very mildly annoyed if they were buffered and they all showed up in the address bar once the tab opens.

2013 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 16GB RAM.</search></cmd-t>

• No problem here, at all! Working on a Macbook Air late 2010 Intel Core 2 Duo 4Gb of ram and Vivaldi rocks!! The open new tab is instantaneous, no waiting at all. Bye bye Safari!!

• I'm using an Early 2015 MacBook Pro (2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 gigs of RAM) and Vivaldi takes about 1½ seconds to open a new tab. If I have any performance complaint, I've noticed that sometimes when I click a link, it pauses for more about 2 seconds or more before it gives any indication that it's received the click and is loading the page.

• @Makran66:

No problem here, at all! Working on a Macbook Air late 2010 Intel Core 2 Duo 4Gb of ram and Vivaldi rocks!! The open new tab is instantaneous, no waiting at all. Bye bye Safari!!

Update: watching video on Stackskills on Vivaldi sucks!! The fan are always on while the same video on Safari doesn't create this problem.

• I am running a macbook 15 late 2013. I felt it slugging when i had multiple tabs and it was trying to load webapps on a university website.

• Older Mac (2010 mini, 8GB RAM), and I have the delay issues too, with both opening new tabs, opening new windows from a link, and pasting an URL into the address bar. I'm training myself to wait until the tab completely opens before I start typing an address, and otherwise wait for some kind of indication that the command has been received. That's the most frustrating part, the "did that click register?" moment all the time.

• I must say tab creation speed seems to be improved massively with the latest snapshot (1.1.453.6).

• @Makran66:

No problem here, at all! Working on a Macbook Air late 2010 Intel Core 2 Duo 4Gb of ram and Vivaldi rocks!! The open new tab is instantaneous, no waiting at all. Bye bye Safari!!

What version of OS X are you using?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.