Drag tab off window to create new Vivaldi window with isolated tab?

• Hi guys, I just thought it was strange that this feature was not implemented. Perhaps it was overlooked or it is in development, but there is no way to move (click and drag) a tab out of the window in order to instantiate a new Vivaldi tab with the dragged tab as the starting tab. This is possible on Chrome and even Microsoft Edge, so I thought it was odd that it was missing from Vivaldi. Anyway, Vivaldi looks really great; keep up the great work!

@ZeroMagnitude:

Hi guys, I just thought it was strange that this feature was not implemented. Perhaps it was overlooked or it is in development, but there is no way to move (click and drag) a tab out of the window in order to instantiate a new Vivaldi tab with the dragged tab as the starting tab.

This is possible on Chrome and even Microsoft Edge, so I thought it was odd that it was missing from Vivaldi.

Anyway, Vivaldi looks really great; keep up the great work!

Dragging a tab to create a new window is not ready yet. However, you can right-click on a tab and select: "Move to > New Window."

• Thanks for the confirmation. Is there also any news on whether you plan to include the ability to highlight text and drag it into the tab area to create a new tab with the highlighted text already searched on the user's default search engine?

• @ZeroMagnitude:

Thanks for the confirmation. Is there also any news on whether you plan to include the ability to highlight text and drag it into the tab area to create a new tab with the highlighted text already searched on the user's default search engine?

Right-click and search for the highlighted text.

[attachment=3144]SearchHighlightedText.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.