Display problem with upgrade to 1.0 Stable

  • Since upgrading to 1.0 Stable - and 1.0.435.42 - the page display flickers or blinks periodically - only the Vivladi window. There does not seem to be any obvious trigger but it tends to happen when first opening a page. I did not have the problem with previous versions. The machine is a Gigabyte GB-BXBT 1900 and the lspci output for the video is: 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Atom Processor Z36xxx/Z37xxx Series Graphics & Display (rev 0e) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller]) DeviceName: Onboard IGD Subsystem: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd Device 1000 Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 90 Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M] Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M] I/O ports at f080 [size=8] Expansion ROM at <unassigned>[disabled] Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2 Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit- Capabilities: [b0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=07 Kernel driver in use: i915</unassigned>

  • Moderator

  • I have the same problem. –disable-gpu-vsync dosen't help.

    Kernel Linux 3.19.0-26-generic (x86_64)
    Distribution Ubuntu 15.04
    Desktop Environment GNOME (gnome)

    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0a16] (rev 0b)
    Subsystem: Lenovo Device [17aa:220c]

  • Thanks to Gwen-Dragon, the –disable-gpu-vsync seems to work so far.

    Further information, if it helps:
    7.7 GiB memory
    Intel Celeron J1900 1.99GHz x 4 CPU
    Intel Bay Trail Graphics
    Linux Generic

  • I use archlinux + Plasma 5.x and the solution I found was editing the file 20-intel.conf to change the 2D acceleration SNA to UXA by the following line:

    Option "AccelMethod" "uxa"

  • Same issue on Deepin(debian based, x64). UI is flickering, yet another HUGE bug. Ugh!


Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.