Do you know about different architectures?

• I downloaded version for Linux... And what I saw? Wrong architecture 'amd64'! Where is I386???

• Perhaps they went the Opera route and decided to only support one architecture until they implement most of the functionality.

• It's a pre-release.

Besides, who installs i386 when they install Linux today? AMD64 is the way to go with 64-bit processors, including Intel Core. IA64 is something else that is far less common.

• Me for example. I have a laptop for testing things, it has x32 cpu without x64 instructions set so i can't install x64 software on it. I would like to see i386 build to make it run on my laptop with lubuntu.

• @KimmoJ:

It's a pre-release.

Besides, who installs i386 when they install Linux today? AMD64 is the way to go with 64-bit processors, including Intel Core. IA64 is something else that is far less common.

Well, I have an old machine running Linux with 32bit. There are also a few netbooks out there that are only a few years old and run on 32bit. The original Opera did pride itself with its being able to run on low-end processors and the like, so expectations for a 32bit build aren't unreasonable. Still, yeah, things move forwards and old technology gets left behind and Vivaldi does have finite resources, so I'd understand if Vivaldi didn't cater for us Neanderthals, but it'd be nice to see a 32bit build. :)

x86 builds run on x64 hardware, but the other way around is not true. So why only a 64b build instead of only a 32b build ?
    It would work everywhere.

Also, some indication of the architecture on the download popup would be useful.

And on my part, I have an x86 ubuntu desktop, because I installed it a long while ago, and only upgraded. And there isn't an easy way to migrate.
    Why would I want to reinstall my OS to be able to use a browser ?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.