[SOLVED] how to add command line options

• hi! i'm on Linux Debian, I'm trying to add the --explicitly-allowed-ports=xxx flag to the vivaldi command line, but i don't know how to do it . I tried to add the command to the desktop file /usr/share/applications/vivaldi-stable.desktop but it didnt work. Any suggestion? thanks!

• i have just tried to edit the /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi script, i believe this is where i should add the line, but again no luck :(

• So I assume you wan't Vivaldi always to start with this option . My suggestion is to make a my-vivaldi script with this content
    #!/bin/bash
    wait 5
    Vivaldi your options

after that make the script executable.Edit the Vivaldi desktop file to point the script

I can change the desktopshortcut in my Debian 8 KDE.
    In desktop symbol's tab Program I have /usr/bin/vivaldi-stable –explicitly-allowed-ports=22 %U
    And if i visit my page with http://gwendragon.de:22 the browser shows correct:
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
    instead of:
    ERR_UNSAFE_PORT
    whithout the allowed port parameter

The same with K-Menu eidtor and edited menu entry for K-Menu -> Internet -> Vivaldi

• thank you all for your answers!

i tried again to add the line to /opt/vivaldi/vivaldi , i don't know why but it worked this time!
    Anyway, i think the solution suggested by Gwen-Dragon is the simplest, and, besides, i believe the file i modified will be overwritten as soon as the browser gets an update

thanks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.