Vivaldi wouldn't show images [my bad]

• I must have done something, now Vivaldi wouldn't show images, not even when the Toggle Image icon below shows "Show Images". Help!

• Does F5 or Ctrl F5 to reload help?
    Which URL to test it?

• see below

• Don't see how that would work. Anyway, no.
    Even this page isn't showing images on Vivaldi for me. (I'm using Chrome now here.)

Either your system is screwing something up, or your profile is corrupt. You should rename the "User Data" folder.

• @Ayespy:

Either your system is screwing something up, or your profile is corrupt. You should rename the "User Data" folder.

I'm believe that would work, but considering the collateral damage…. hmm.... Do you have a less destructive solution? Perhaps I can delete something more specific.

• Hi, I think he meant the "Default " directory of Vivaldi.
    You only lose your Vivaldi settings until you remove back.
    Export your bookmarks before, other settings need only a few minutes.
    Especially when you do this 100 times like me during beta testing. :cheer:

Cheers, mib

Normally I would say the "Default" folder within User Data, but the screwup here is something so off-the-wall, I'm not confident that would do it (tho it might). Renaming it harms nothing. You get all of your defaults back, and then one by one, you can replace bookmark, favicon, login data, history, cookie, etc. files from the old renamed folder and get all your data back without recapturing the broken settings data that screwed things up in the first place.

• I confirm that renaming "Default" is enough. Thanks.
    Nonetheless, looking at the folder again, I'm guessing renaming/removing the file Preferences may have done the trick, while keep other settings in tact.

• What did you rename it to ??

I am having the same problem :(

• You can rename it to anything you want

Check Help/About for the path of your Profile
    Close Vivaldi and rename the Default folder - e.g. Default.Saved
    Restart Vivaldi (a new Default folder will be created automatically)

Note: You will have to reinstall any extensions you use.

• @TbGbe:

You can rename it to anything you want

Check Help/About for the path of your Profile
    Close Vivaldi and rename the Default folder - e.g. Default.Saved
    Restart Vivaldi (a new Default folder will be created automatically)

Note: You will have to reinstall any extensions you use.

Ok thank you for your reply I think i will just do a clean install

• To perform a clean install, you may also have to delete the Default directory manually.

• The idea is so that the program, seeking but not finding the folder/directory, will create a fresh one. Actually, instead of renaming, you can even delete it. The choice to rename is simply in case you want to retrieve something from the old one later, which you probably wouldn't.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.