VERY SLOW

• Hello everyone,i enjoy Vivaldi and would to keep it i just droped chromium but i foud vivaldi very slow. :woohoo: I'm on a mac 10.11.Any clue...?Great day everyone :

• Also on my MacBook Pro it is insanely slow on opening and opening new tabs. Any adwise?

• Yes I definitely find it a little slow. Nothing is too bad except for opening a new tab.

Opening a new tab is actually really painful for me. At my normal speed whenever I open a new tab in Vivaldi I miss the first 1-3 letters of the URL I go to type. It's really jarring and doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox.

• @seltox:

Yes I definitely find it a little slow. Nothing is too bad except for opening a new tab.

Opening a new tab is actually really painful for me. At my normal speed whenever I open a new tab in Vivaldi I miss the first 1-3 letters of the URL I go to type. It's really jarring and doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox.

Same here. Unusable with the slow opening… Hope this will get fixed soon

• Also, starting Vivaldi takes quite some time if you had a lot of tabs open in your previous session (and I do want to open the tabs on startup).

Somehow it seems to be related to the "open new tab"-performance. Compared to Chrome, opening a new tab and have its content loaded takes about the same time as Vivaldi. However, Chrome opens a new tab immediately (with a blank page) and then loads its content and Vivaldi seems to show the new tab, once the page has loaded, which makes Chrome appear faster.

Interesting is that [command + click]ing on a link (open link in a new background-tab) opens a new tab, right away (as in Chrome). Clicking on "open link in new tab" (via context menu) is a bit slower, but still faster than simply opening a new (blank) tab.

Could this performance issue somehow be related to the speed dial, which shows in a newly opened tab (I didn't find the option to turn it off)?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.