Machine_id

• There is an entry in the "Local State" file named "machine_id": followed by a six-digit number. A can't delete this entry and when I change the number it changes back to its original value after the first launch of the browser. The number is different on another computer I've checked. As I remember, quite some time ago the devs announced the introduction of a unique identifier in the browser in order to gain more exact usage statictics. Is it probably that identifier? If it is: How long should it be applied? Somehow I thought it would be dropped as soon as the first final is released. Or should this be a permanent solution? If it is not: What is it then?

• Hm. No one has any idea? Or nobody cares? Wasn't something similar a showstopper for many potential Chrome users back in the time as Chrome was released?

• But i thought after disabling settings in vivaldi://settings/privacy/ no data about browser is transfered.

• Thanks for your response.
    Well, I don't know whether the browser telemetrics can be completey switched off and, honestly said, I can't test it either. Therefore I've been hoping for some comments from those, who know more about what`s below the surface of a browser than me.
    I understand the importance of browser usage telemetrics for its development, but I don't feel very comfortable with a unique machine identifier in the browser. Although I started to follow Vivaldi's development at a rather early stage and I installed each new version as soon as it came out, the machine_id has kept me from using it extensivly and from making it to my main browser.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.