Vivaldi 1.0

• Today, April 6, 2016, vivaldi 1.0 has finally been released!! (1.0.435.38) Share your comments about it below!! :) I personally think it's pretty good for version 1.0, although it is missing some features.... ;) It is certainly good enough to be my default browser forever.... :lol:

• I'm trying v1.0, everything seems to be quite better than in the last version I had tried (maybe 6 months ago).

However, there is a tiny little detail that irks me to no end. When I enable the menu bar, the menus don't behave like native. In particular, if I click a menu (for example, Tools) and then I move the mouse left or right, the same menu remains selected. In standard menu bars (at least on Windows), moving the mouse navigates between the different menus.

I know this sounds like a small nitpick but for those of us that are used to the standard system UI, having something that works almost like it but not quite like it is rather jarring.

It would also be nice to have a title in the native window's title bar.

On the other hand, kudos to the developers for including the option "Click current tab to go to previous tab". Even not having real MDI, this was one of the things I most used in O12's MDI. It's very nice to have this.

• This is all very well, but how do you start it?

I've downloaded and installed the browser, but all I get is a introductory page asking me to download the browser, followed by some puff.

Thanks,
    Gaudi

• News is good but I'm confused.
    1. Main download link does not differentiate x86 and x64.
    Does it mean that it contains both, and correct version will be installed?
    2.Latest build loads as 40 not 38. Is it OK?

• @Gaudi:

This is all very well, but how do you start it?

I've downloaded and installed the browser, but all I get is a introductory page asking me to download the browser, followed by some puff.

Thanks,
    Gaudi

What?? :huh:
    Just click on the desktop shortcut that is automatically created….
    Did you install the standalone version or the normal version?

• @konic:

News is good but I'm confused.
    1. Main download link does not differentiate x86 and x64.
    Does it mean that it contains both, and correct version will be installed?
    2.Latest build loads as 40 not 38. Is it OK?

1. No, it downloads the 32-bit (x86) installer…
    2. What?? :huh:
    The latest version should be 1.0.435.38... :unsure:
    Check: Help->about->see version number

• Oh, mine is .38….. :blush:
    Btw, where did you get that?? :huh:

• the same was for me.
    the auto-update gets you the .38
    downloading directly from the website is .40 already.
    strange thing..

• First: Congratulations to the Vivaldi team on this remarkable achievement.
    1.0 looks like a solid milestone, hopefully anchor for many more!

On my Devuan Linux it was not as easy as normally to get Vivaldi 1.0.435.40 () (64-Bit) installed. The Vivaldi-Beta had to be removed but I still had an old Technical Preview on this system depending on the Beta. Truth to be told, I don't really understand this dependency but the option –auto-deconfigure helped to get the problem solved.
    Now I have the stable version and the snapshot version which of course has a different version number (in my case it is still 1.0.435.26 (Entwickler-Build) dev (64-Bit)), on my system.

• Thanks Werty,

Of course there's a shortcut link on the desktop! How embarrassing, I was working from the Vivaldi home page….

Must get more sleep and less wine.

BTW, is there a "Help" page or something similar that I've overlooked? I could use some assistance setting things up.

Many thanks,
    Gaudi

• @Gaudi:

BTW, is there a "Help" page or something similar that I've overlooked? ...

You can take a look at http://vivalditips.com/.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.