Installer confuses all users and current user installs

• The advanced installation option for choosing per-user versus all users installation has gotten broken since v1.0.425.3. When upgrading over an all user installation, it now installs as per-user. This gets messy as the uninstall registry key from the old installation remains along with that for the per-user installation. An all-user installation appears to no longer be possible as the control in the installer UI is disabled. Was this change intentional? To me, it is very undesirable. In case it matters, this is using a custom installation directory.

• Please feel free to report and describe precisely this issue at bugtracker https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

• @Lookin4Best:

The advanced installation option for choosing per-user versus all users installation has gotten broken since v1.0.425.3. When upgrading over an all user installation, it now installs as per-user. This gets messy as the uninstall registry key from the old installation remains along with that for the per-user installation. An all-user installation appears to no longer be possible as the control in the installer UI is disabled. Was this change intentional? To me, it is very undesirable.

In case it matters, this is using a custom installation directory.

It's not broken; it's because you already have vivaldi installed…
    If you want to use the advanced option in the vivaldi installer, you have to uninstall the previous one and reinstall...
    As you mentioned, the option to install standalone with vivaldi already installed was disabled sometime ago... :dry:

• Just start to change the suggested path and the options will be enabled.

• @The_Solutor:

Just start to change the suggested path and the options will be enabled.

Oh, thanks!! :)
    Why didn't I notice that before…. :lol:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.