Flash player in Vivaldi 32 bit

• Now that Google Chrome 32 bit is not available how can I get flash on Vivaldi 32 bit ?

• ~~From Adobe.com .
    https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_redirect

Just be sure to select the Flash Player for Opera & Chrome PPAPI~~

Sorry, forgot this was Unix forum :pinch:

From https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/9267-flash-player-does-not-work

Hi! Try uninstall adobe flashplayer plugin, and install freshplayerplugin. It works for me.
    wiki.debian.org/Freshplayerplugin

• Debian:
    apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree
    https://wiki.debian.org/PepperFlashPlayer

Ubuntu:
    sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree

Fedora/RH/CentOS:
    1. Install Chrmoium
    2. sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so
    or sudo ln -s /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/chromium-browser/plugins/libflashplayer.so

• Hello everyone. First post!

I have an issue with flash content, which I have not been able to solve so far. Specifically, the BBC website video reports will not play and the player advises that I need to download Flash Player. If I follow the link from the BBC and try to use the download from the Adobe site, Linux OS is identified and I can pick the APT Ubuntu derivative, only to be told that the 'channel' is not recognised ( or similar) after authorising apt to initiate the download.

I have tried the suggested: 'sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree' which all seems to run ok and I have then restarted my system with no luck. If I look at the Vivaldi plugins, flash player is not present.

Most irritating. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Running Mint Rosa 32-bit MATE on an Acer AOD270. The same content runs without issue in Opera and Chrome browsers that I have installed. Vivaldi release is 1.0.435.26 (Developer Build) dev (32-bit), installed from my software channel, but it is not the only release that I've not been able to get to work.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Sorry to say, i cant test 32bit Linux now. But i try to help. ;)
    On my 64bit Debian 8.4 i get the pepperflash player 21 and Vivaldi shows the Flash plugin in vivaldi://plugins.
    Flash Player 21 works nice for me at http://www.bbc.com/news/world-35956038

Please try these:

• @Gwen-Dragon:

Sorry to say, i cant test 32bit Linux now. But i try to help. ;)

On my Linux Mint 32bit, no problems.

• Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. I downloaded the deb package and on install Mint reported that the application was available through my software channel, so I updated from there instead and then checked the properties of Vivaldi to ensure the update is to the version advised.

I have run the two commands in shell as suggested. The first asked me to authenticate, after which the command apparently ran but returned nothing to the shell window. I then ran the second command, which similarly appeared to run but returned nothing to the shell window.

[attachment=3012]shell1.png[/attachment]

I have checked the browser behaviour with the BBC website again and find that I still have the same problem.

Any further suggestions appreciated.
    Attachments:

• sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree –install --beta --unverified

For beta Chrome.

http://pipelight.net/cms/installation.html

• I am using manjaro Linux (arch based) . Tried pepper flash from aur but no luck - it needs to extract pepperflash plugin from chrome 32 bit but packages are unavable for download ( Google closed 32 bit repositories) . The same is with Ubuntu pepperflash installer ( The same method that arch pkg used . Somebody suggested to use pipelight to create wrapper for the windows version of pepperflash . Well it will not work because pipelight is a npapi plugin and chromium uses ppapi plugins . Same for freshplayer . Fresh player is wrapper for pepperflash and it is npapi plugin .Sorry for bad typing I am on my phone

• I'm not on Arch 32 but I've just installed aur/chromium-pepper-flash-standalone using yaourt and I zero problems.

I don think would be that different on x86.

• As I said it extracts pepperflash from chrome . And chrome is not available for 32 bit anymore .

• Hi,

Does this mean that I am in the hands of the Vivaldi devs to be able to provide me with a version that supports flash natively?

I'm a bit lost on what to try next really. The sudo update pepperflash solution didn't work for me, I have a new snapshot of Vivalide from my channel but the BBC website still tells me I need to download flash (which is a non starter, see me initial post)

Anyone else able to give me a steer on this one please. Opera still plays content with no issues.

Thanks again in anticipation.

• @IKRadulov:

As I said it extracts pepperflash from chrome . And chrome is not available for 32 bit anymore .

Well that's well known. But usually AUR is smart enough to provide the file from somewhere else if it's removed from the main website.

And that seem the case

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/chromium-pepper-flash-standalone/

You can see the discussion ongoing in the comments.

• Had n't visited the aur page shortly . Personally I could find chrome 32 bit deb rpm or deb . Now there is a link in the comments to pepperflash . never have I searched for pepperflash lib alone . You gave the solution my friend . If you can tell me how to mark topic as solved it would be appreciated .

• Hi,

I'm being a bit slow here I think, but I still don't understand how to make this work. I have also looked at the Vivaldi help page: https://help.vivaldi.com/article/install-flash-player-for-vivaldi/?utm_content=bufferb7639&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer and I can get to the flash player download page no problem,

I select linux 32 bit (im running Mint) and then flash player 11.2 for ubuntu (apt) and then 'download now'. I end up with a message saying Unknown channel 'rosa-partner' and the process stops.

Can anyone please offer me an easy guide to making this work. I really like Vivaldi, but I'm going to have to give up if I can't watch content on the BBC site. I can't believe this is so difficult.

Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.

• In my lubuntu I took latest unstable chrome from here and I unpacked from it the libpepflashplayer.so file in /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ folder. I think i386 is need for 32bit build.
    The apt on adobe site, I am pretty sure is the old NPAPI plugin which wont work on vivaldi.

• Thanks for the advice Hadden89. I downloaded the deb package described, double clicked and installed it. No change. I still don't understand why BBC video content plays fine in Chromium and Opera, but not in Vivaldi.

If I inspect the Vivaldi plugins there is still no flash player. Just a Chromium pdf viewer and a Widevine Content Decryption module.

Has anyone got any further ideas please… please? :(

• sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install pepperflashplugin-nonfree
    sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree –status
    sudo update-pepperflashplugin-nonfree –install

Please check where on your Linux the file libpepflash.so is found?
    sudo su
    find / -name " libpepflashplayer.so"
    See https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-linux/4543-how-do-i-enable-adobe-flash#55422

• @nickitson:

I downloaded the deb package described, double clicked and installed it

You should open as archive/extract .deb file, NOT install.
    Then go in tar.data.xz
    Navigate to /./opt/google/chrome-unstable/PepperFlash/
    copy libpepflashplayer.so in /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/ folder.
    If you use file manager to do so, launch it as gksu <filamanager>for having root. Or kdesudo <filenamager>if you are on kde.
    Restart vivaldi and should work.</filenamager></filamanager>

• Thank you Gwen-Dragon and Hadden89.

I managed to download and install pepperflash and find out where the .so file was.

I then worked out how to fire up the file manager as root and copied the file to /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree. A Vivaldi restart and … boom.

I'm most grateful for your assistance in getting over the last few steps. Can't help feeling it shouldn't have been that hard. I'll chalk it up to experience.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.